Sr. Manager Community Outreach and Engagement - NY (112192234)
Landmark Health, part of the Optum and UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, was created to transform how healthcare is delivered to the most medically vulnerable members in our community. Our medical group provides home-based medical care to chronically ill patients, many of whom are ill-equipped to navigate our overwhelming healthcare system.
- Develop Others:
- Manage the local team of Community Health Advocates to plan, implement, and coordinate telephonic patient engagement and field community outreach functions
- Communicate performance expectations and goals, evaluate performance results, provide feedback and coaching on key performance indicators and productivity
- Facilitate Execution Plans:
- Responsible for developing and managing valued partner relationships directly with community-based organizations and providers for the purpose of creating, enabling, and nurturing growth and engagement opportunities in the market
- Partner closely with regional and divisional leadership to execute an engagement plan that includes strategies and revising strategies as dictated by market changes, results, and other factors
- Achieves and exceeds quarterly engagement goals
- Communicate Effectively and Manage Conflict by:
- Working collaboratively with others (both inside the market as well as outside) to achieve goals
- Relate to others in an open and accepting manner and treat everyone with dignity and respect while focusing on inclusion and diversity to maximize team performance
- Keep others up to date on information, openly contributing ideas and fully understanding support decisions made by the team and the organization
- Lead with and model Achievement Drive by:
- Demonstrating the ability to meet or exceed performance standards in a timely manner
- Exhibiting attention to detail and ability to track/maintain various components/data elements required/needed (e.g. outreach materials, files, etc.)
- Display a strong Growth Mindset by:
- Encouraging innovation and pioneering thinking whenever possible
- Using facts, sound judgment and application of business knowledge when making decisions within existing processes
- Quickly identifying and effectively resolving issues/problems in a way that supports the long-term goals of the organization yet meets the immediate needs of the situation
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 7+ years of business development experience in healthcare
- 7+ years of management experience
- 2+ years success meeting or exceeding sales targets or goals
- Proficiency in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Active driver's license with good driving history
- Access to insured, reliable transportation to travel up to 25% of the time within the contiguous counties in assigned market
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Salesforce experience
- Experience in pharmaceutical and/or medical device sales to physicians
- Experience managing multiple projects
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.