Account Manager Retail SMB Sales
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
You will introduce small and medium business customers to the latest high-tech 5G products and services that solve their unique business needs. You will interact with our small and medium business customers in the retail store and digitally. You may also follow up on existing leads through outbound calling. You'll demonstrate the value of our products and services by introducing end-to-end technology solutions to energize their businesses. Driving small business results, you’ll generate new business through networking and working leads and referrals as part of a new project within R2B designed to capture in-store SMB adds, alongside our consumer peers, including evenings and Saturday shifts.
You will be assigned a store/stores based on business needs, which can change every 30 to 90+ days. This means that you will not have a permanent store/stores, but instead will cover vacancies anywhere throughout the Director territory. Should an R2B AM role be vacated within a reasonable distance, you would be moved to support that permanent store/stores assignment. Once transferred, you will then be responsible for all job responsibilities of an R2B AM.
- Driving small business results through the retail channel by partnering with and mentoring Consumer Retail Sales Representatives.
- Capturing business opportunities via in-store traffic and partnering with the preexisting R2B AM to maximize their prospecting time.
- Utilizing solutions-based selling techniques to solve business problems for your customers.
- Servicing the needs of the existing customer base.
- Using sales enablement systems and tools to track, forecast, manage your pipeline and book of business.
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager. You’ll work afternoons, evenings, and Saturdays. Sample schedule (days off and hours may vary based on coverage needs): Tues-Fri, 11am-8pm, and Sat, 10am-7pm.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Three or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in sales, marketing or customer service.
- Valid driver's license and successful completion of motor vehicle report check is required.
- Willingness to travel.
- Willingness to work evenings and Saturdays.
- Willingness to pivot to other projects within R2B as needed.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- A degree - Associates or Bachelor's Degree or related certifications/college courses.
- Outside sales experience including outbound prospecting.
- Wireless sales experience exceeding quota.
- Experience influencing a team to drive sales results.
- Capability to drive positive results in a team environment.
- People skills for influencing, negotiating, conflict resolution, and the demonstrated ability to build trust and act as an influencer at all levels.
Our benefits are designed to help you move forward in your career, and in areas of your life outside of Verizon. From health and wellness benefits, short term incentives, 401 (k) Savings Plan, stock incentive programs, paid time off, parental leave, adoption assistance and tuition assistance, plus other incentives,we’ve got you covered with our award-winning total rewards package. For part-timers, your coverage will vary as you may be eligible for some of these benefits depending on your individual circumstances.
If you are hired into a Colorado work location, the compensation range for this position is between $34,900 and $64,700 based on a full-time schedule. The salary will vary depending on your location and confirmed job-related skills and experience. This is a commission based position with the potential to earn more. For part-time roles, your compensation will be adjusted to reflect your hours.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
NYC candidates: Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for onsite and hybrid NYC roles. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons). Additional information will be provided during the hiring process.