Indirect Account Manager - SMB
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
You’ll be working side-by-side with our agent and third party retail partners to grow our customer base in the small to medium business marketplace. You’ll develop and build sales and marketing strategies along with targeted incentive programs to drive sales and profitability through this channel. Ongoing, you’ll assess performance of each agent and retailer and develop a tailored plan to improve efficiency to help them meet their targets. A combination of incentives, promotions, and marketing programs along with training and education will be your tools. When our partners are successful, so are we.
- Growing the wireless business through our partner agents and retailers.
- Improving agent capabilities and performance through product knowledge and skills, and tailored sales strategies to drive achievement of agent sales targets.
- Evaluating agent and overall channel sales performance for continuous improvement.
- Developing, implementing and monitoring regional sales and incentive programs.
- Presenting sales program results and efficiency.
- Motivating our indirect agents to exceed sales
- Providing feedback on sales techniques and customer interactions.
Where you'll be working…
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager. This position can be located in the following areas: Baton Rouge LA, Lafayette LA, Jackson MS, Pensacola FL, Mobile AL, Montgomery AL, and Birmingham AL.
What we’re looking for...
You’d like to manage your accounts like you’d run your own business. You know that your success depends on the team’s success. People trust you and come to you for advice. You are confident in your ideas but always open to input from others—because you know the best ideas come from different perspectives. You find sharing your expertise and developing others rewarding.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Three or more years of relevant work experience.
- Willingness to travel in an assigned territory.
- Eligibility to pass motor vehicle records check.
- A valid Driver's License.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- B2B sales, marketing, training or customer service experience. Ideally, with third party sellers or retailers.
- Managed competing priorities with tight deadlines in a multifaceted environment.
- Account management experience.
- Demonstrated interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Experience in the wireless industry.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
NYC candidates: Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for onsite and hybrid NYC roles. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons). Additional information will be provided during the hiring process.