When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
You’ll be on the front lines in the hunt for new medium to large sized business customers and growing our existing ones. You’ll use your consulting skills to identify customer challenges and provide our products and services to help them. You’ll use your drive and expertise to develop and deliver our solutions that won’t just satisfy our clients, but delight them. Because here, we make it easy for customers to do business with us, by listening, anticipating, and responding to their needs.
- Identifying and pursuing new sales leads.
- Helping our customers fall in love with our products and services.
- Packaging solutions or building new ones to meet the customer need.
- Closing sales and agreements.
- Following up to make sure our customers stay happy—and to see how else we can help.
- Forecasting sales and tracking progress.
- Ensuring customers are trained on purchased products.
Where you will be working…
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that may include work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
Willingness to travel up to approximately 75% of the time.
What we’re looking for...
You’re the type of person who sees the big picture and looks to make the biggest impact possible. You’re comfortable working and communicating with all types of people, and they listen to you. You have the ability to understand client priorities and translate them into business plans. You are pragmatic with creative business strategies always keeping eye on the objectives of the assignment. You’re organized and detail oriented and you’ve got a knack for spotting errors. You take a lot of pride in your work, and that’s why people count on you to deliver.
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, advertising or business.
- Five or more years of years of professional level experience; at least two of which are in account management role either in an external or internal agency.
- Two or more years working in an internal corporate account team.
- Experience in managing a brand’s portfolios and pitching for new business.
- Experience and knowledge within the digital channel.
- Ability to write briefs, work closely with all disciplines within the agency and clients and collaborate.
- Demonstrated expertise in applicable applications and tools such as Microsoft Office and project management software.
- Exhibited broad understanding of traditional and emerging channels.
- Demonstrated knowledge of marketing best practices in the B2C and B2B fields.
- Exhibited ability to gain deep knowledge in specific channels or vertical markets as required by specific Client’s business unit and larger organization’s industry.
- Ability to partner with clients to write thorough and actionable creative briefs.
- Crisis management, resourceful and solution-oriented abilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.