Data Insights and Strategy Analyst ( 588500-1C )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
The Artificial Intelligence & Data (AI&D) Organization is an exciting new center of excellence supporting all of Verizon, reporting into the Global Network & Technology team. Our team will be a catalyst to Verizon's future in creating networks that move the world forward through the power of Artificial Intelligence & Data.
As a Data Insights and Strategy Analyst, you'll drive profitable growth and transform Customer Experience (CX) for 94M+ Verizon customers by leveraging the power of data, machine learning techniques and AI technology. You will be the catalyst enabling data science projects that drive industry leading customer experience. You will work closely with a team of talented data scientists, data engineers, and business leaders and play a key role in developing and delivering the next generation AI/ML solutions to the business.
You’ll work with internal and external partners to create analytical models to predict the next best action on behalf of customers. You’ll then present the results to various business partners and sales operation executives. You will partner with business to build support for what-if analysis.
Develop resolutions to complex problems, using your sharp judgment and evaluation criteria enables you to deliver solutions that make a big impact.
Co-create the business problem and opportunity space by partnering with the business unit and responsible for shaping and drafting the AI/ML use cases. Shape ideas into business cases. Assess requirement and use case formulation.
Develop strategies to fix the business problems and partner with stakeholders to design and implement changes.
Design, develop, implement, and oversee high-end analytical, technology processes and solutions with a focus on leveraging advanced machine learning and artificial intelligence methods.
Perform ad-hoc analysis and develop reproducible analytical approaches to meet business requirements.
Perform exploratory and targeted data analyses using descriptive statistics and other methods.
Present results and recommendations to senior management and business users.
Communicate the business value of technical solutions.
What we’re looking for...
You have empathy to understand customer pain points and you are obsessed with driving actionable insights to proactively resolve those pain points. You thrive in an environment where enormous volumes of data are generated at rapid speed. You’re a creative thinker who likes to explore, and tell stories using data. Communicating what you’ve uncovered in a way that can be easily understood by others is one of your strengths. You take pride in your ability to share your considerable knowledge with your peers.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience with leading data analytics projects to improve consumer experience preferably in the telecom industry.
- Experience in leading large scale data science projects and delivering from end to end.
- Experience with data visualization tools(Tableau, Qlik).
- Strong technical experience in data wrangling and statistical modeling.
Even better if you have:
- Experience in working in telesales operations.
- The ability to package analysis in clear and concise reports and presentations.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong foundational quantitative knowledge and skills; extensive training in math; statistics, engineering, or other related fields.
- Four or more years of experience in practicing machine learning and data science in business.
- Experience using a variety of data mining/data analysis methods, using a variety of data tools, building and implementing models, using/creating algorithms and creating/running simulations.
- Experience in advanced machine learning algorithms – deep learning, boosting methods, time series etc.
- Experience in data management and data analysis in Teradata and in Hadoop.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons).