Network Performance and Reliability Analyst ( R-00078384 )
Global Information Grid (GIG) Service Management-Operations (GSM-O), a program within the Defense Group of Leidos, has an opening for a Network Performance and Reliability Analyst. Our customer is the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) located at Scott AFB, IL and acts as the provider of GIG/Defense Information System Network (DISN) services to the Department of Defense (DoD) and national security organizations.
Details of the Role:
• The Network Performance and Reliability Analyst will support the Network Performance team as they utilize available network performance, event, and incident data to identify underlying network anomalies and problems that require resolution to improve the overall network reliability of the DISN.
• Support identification and assessment of proactive Incidents and Problems in the DISN. When possible, troubleshoot, conduct root cause analysis, and provide resolution of these Incidents and Problem.
• The Network Performance and Reliability Analyst works as a Problem Coordinator to manage problems from a high level and help coordinate the effort to identify the root cause of problems in the DISN. For enterprise level problems or issues that must be escalated to other teams including Operational Engineering and Tier 3, continue to provide assistance and support as needed.
• The Network Performance and Reliability Analyst will support GSMO Program driven Innovations development, integration, and continuous improvement by leveraging the use of coding, tools and automation.
• The NPR Analyst will have the ability to follow existing processes and approach process updates or process creation in a team environment. They will also have an understanding of how to fit new processes into an existing framework.
• Develop and design preventative measures and dashboard capabilities based on historical data trends to correlate signatures and identify root causes and suggest corrective action(s)
• Analytical ability to identify underlying issues and the risks they pose using a variety of performance management data sources.
• Support and enhance a holistic approach to improving network and service reliability utilizing analytics and innovation to obtain the highest level of availability and performance.
• Responsible for collection, analysis, trending, and proactive remediation measures to ensure continued operability and efficiency of the DISN and JRSS networks.
• Strong organizational skills in order to actively monitor, track, analyze, and report problem candidates and tickets.
• Proven ability to communicate effectively with technical staff, program leadership, and with business customers
• Correlate large diverse data sets including tickets, alarms, probes, and other performance data to identify trends and relations
• Perform examination of incident and event management artifacts to identify positive and negative trends occurring in the network and develop courses of actions.
• Deliver best practice / experience-based process documentation guidance and assistance.
• Coordinate with other contractor and government entities to ensure optimum dissemination of information and network efficiency.
Education and Experience Required:
• Strong skills in Microsoft Access to include SQL and VBA coding and strong skills in Microsoft Excel to include development of charts and graphs.
• Requires BS degree and 2-4 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 years or less of prior relevant experience. Specific experience, education and training may be considered in lieu of degree.
• Requires an understanding of and ability to apply principles, theories, and concepts of technical domain and has broad understanding of other related specialty areas including Trouble Management, Change Management and SLA Management
• Currently possesses an active DoD Secret Security Clearance with eligibility for a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI).
• Currently possess DoD 8750 certification at IAT level II, Security+ CE or CCNA Security.
• Strong written and verbal communications and collaboration skills
• Ability to develop and employ automation in support of both internal and external network management practices to improve overall service availability.
Additional Desired Qualifications:
• Bachelor's degree in a relevant IT engineering discipline
• knowledge and experience with BMC Remedy and BMC ITSM is a plus.
• Experience actively managing and configuring DISN Network Services including IP (SBU and SIPRNET), DWDM, SONET, Unified Capabilities, and/or JRSS is a plus.
• Experience with Splunk, Elastic Search, Kibana, CA Performance Management, CA eHealth is a plus
• Experience with Business Intelligence tools
• Experience with coding in languages including but not limited to Expect, Python, SQL, and/or Perl