Work you'll do
The Solutions Network, Oracle EBS and OCI Solutions Analyst will be responsible for providing technical inputs around designing, architecting, creating and managing the various Oracle EBS and Oracle Cloud Infrastructure services supported by the Solutions Network. It is required for this position to be located either in Gilbert, AZ or Lake Mary, FL. This will also be part of the larger SNET Oracle team which includes Philadelphia - PA, Hyderabad and Bengaluru - India. This position will be focused on supporting the client engagements requiring Oracle EBS Administration, and also to support the applications and database needs for developing go to market solutions. Supported systems will span flavors of Windows, UNIX, and Linux along with Oracle cloud and other cloud service provider platforms. In addition to hands-on technical work this position will require providing assistance to project teams with architecture design, upgrades, performance tuning, systems stabilization, documentation development and the creation of client deliverables.
This position may require up to 25% travel. US citizenship / Green Card status is preferred.
Deloitte Consulting LLP ("Deloitte Consulting") is one of the nation's leading consulting firms for business strategy, operations, technology and human resources planning. We bring together a strong combination of experience, scale and capabilities to help clients address their most complex business problems. The organizational structure of our parent organization, Deloitte LLP ("Deloitte") and our collaborative approach integrate our consulting services with other Deloitte subsidiaries offering tax services, financial advisory services, and risk management capabilities. Clients depend on us for straightforward advice and results that create value.
Deloitte's Solutions Network (SNET) is a global network that connects Deloitte's solution centers, extended delivery centers, clients, and vendor partners. The primary focus of the SNET is to support client development projects, client pursuits, solution development, and practice development. The SNET does this by providing project teams with a hosted infrastructure that includes a large mix of hardware vendors, operating systems, and technical application expertise. The SNET also provides on-site technical architecture and application experts for Deloitte's clients.
The Solution Network consists of experts with knowledge of major packaged applications and technologies - PeopleSoft, Oracle, SAP, JD Edwards, Siebel, Middleware, BI/DW, JAVA, .Net, networking, SAN, server virtualization, etc. SNET staff is also exposed to new and emerging technology, and in many cases serve as an R&D function for Deloitte.
As a dynamic and leading-edge company, Deloitte offers a phenomenal opportunity for staff to join a high growth environment to expand, enhance and strengthen their client service and technology skills.
- Minimum of a Bachelor' s degree.
- Two+ years of experience installing, configuring and administering Oracle EBS environments.
- Exposure to OCI services and knowledge of its services - Compute, Storage and Network and their components.
- Core DBA experience on Oracle Database platforms on Linux, UNIX and Windows environments.
- Hands on experience with installing and configuring Oracle Database across releases 12c and above.
- Experience in administration activities like user management, tablespace management, storage and patching
- Exposure to Oracle Database upgrades, performance tuning and troubleshooting activities.
- Experience in working with database backup and recovery RMAN.
- Exposure to Oracle applications like Weblogic, EBS, etc.
- Experience in working with automation and scripting technologies like shell, python, etc.
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Proven skills as a team member on at least one full cycle implementation project.
- Hands-on experience on working with Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) Platform.
- Experience with working on Oracle Workloads on other CSPs like AWS and Azure is a plus.
- Exposure to installation and configuration of Oracle R12.2 environments.
- Exposure to Oracle RAC and grid infrastructure.
- Creative person who has developed innovative approaches to developing solutions.
- Goal oriented with high standards for quality and performance
- Committed to gaining exposure to multiple packages/applications while further developing your career.
- Ability to assist multiple projects environments simultaneously.
Ideal candidates will also have experience with two or more of the following technologies:
• Oracle Cloud Infrastructure services
§ Maintenance of Oracle Cloud Infrastructure tenancy
§ Configuration and administration of Compute, Storage and Network Resources
§ Ability to design and architect OCI tenancy to accommodate workloads across Regions and Availability Domains.
§ Working knowledge across Identity and Access Management and Governance features.
§ Experience on working with Database Service offerings available withing OCI.
§ Experience in migrating or lift and shift of applications and database to OCI
• Oracle e-Business Technology
§ Oracle e-Business Installation Rel 11i/R12/R12.2
§ Upgrade experience of R12.2 a plus
§ Oracle e-Business Database Management
§ Oracle e-Business System Administration
§ Patching and Cloning
§ Management of e-Business on various cloud platforms a plus
• Oracle RDBMS - 9i/10g/11g/12c/19c database
§ Oracle Installation and database creation; DBA skills (physical design)
§ Oracle Programming Skills (SQL, PL/SQL)
§ Understanding of tools to manipulate data
§ Performance Tuning
§ Use of Oracle Enterprise Manager and other equivalent tools
§ Backup, recovery configuration for database
• Unix, Linux, windows and Scripting
§ Knowledge of Unix (Solaris, AIX, HP), Linux (Red Hat, OEL) and Windows Operating system
§ Shell and batch script Programming skills
§ Python and automation programming skills a plus