Credit and Collections Senior Analyst ( 588779-1A )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
At Verizon, we innovate constantly to help the biggest names in business do business – quicker and smarter. It takes vision. It takes focus. And we apply both every bit as much to the way we do business. The brightest minds, the latest technologies and ground-breaking processes are combining to improve this critical business function at our Center for Excellence. We’re finding new ways to add value and provide strategic support. This is the kind of work we do. And you can be part of it.
- Ensure receivable targets are being met.
- Prioritize receivable base, which includes some of Verizon’s largest enterprise customers, to ensure most impactful items have focus.
- Identify, drive, and manage risk assessment for base of accounts.
- Work directly with all levels of Sales, Service, and Customer organizations, including executives, to guarantee cash flow for Verizon.
- Lead conference calls with customers and internal contacts to obtain receivable resolution commitments and strategies.
- Drive resolution of customer issues, including process issues, disputes, and invoicing, to facilitate customer payment of undisputed balances.
- Communicate receivables results, and individual customer action plans to your Supervisor, Senior Manager and executive levels.
- Communicate and assist Supervisor with input, context, prioritization and execution of activities in support of the organizations goals.
- Support productivity and transformation initiatives.
This hybrid role will have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days as set by the manager.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Three or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience with Microsoft Office and Google Suite applications.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Master’s Degree.
- Certifications in finance-related field.
- Experience in receivables management and improvement.
- Knowledge of Credit and Collections.
- Experience with Verizon collections systems.
- Experience with managing commitments and deadlines.
- Experience working with internal and external entities successfully and diplomatically.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic environment and meet deadlines.
- Communication and organizational skills and the proven ability to focus on the details.
- Ability to lead small, cross-functional, teams to accomplish goals.
- Strong analytical and proven problem solving skills.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons).