Solution Analyst - Risk and Quality - Telecommute (105666373)
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Positions in this function work to understand, capture and translate business needs into functional & operation solutions working closely with varied project team, Responsibilities will be to follow the solution through to delivery supporting and confirming the business needs are met with the solutions delivered.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Works within a team to consult and support risk and quality solutions and programs that impact Optum Care networks, practices and providers as our primary customer
- Works with various client, operations, and business partners to gather and document business requirements
- Work most often impacts a large business unit, and/or multiple OptumCare markets
- Build competency within critical operational process to become a valuable resource within the delivery team
- Assist with acceptance activities of the solutions representing the business customer experience
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of experience and ability to articulate healthcare data specifics - eligibility, claims, etc
- 2+ years of experience with data mapping and workflow documentation
- Ability to provide the appropriate level and balance of expertise and documentation to support the technical and operational delivery
- Ability to work with technical and operations teams to ensure technical solution meets requirements as defined
- Ability to participate in the delivery activities of the solutions through the development, testing and acceptance phases
- Ability to work with operations teams to ensure delivered solution is understood and adopted by end users
- Ability to develop detailed business requirements and use cases
- Significant experience working in a highly-matrixed environment
- Extensive knowledge Risk Adjustment business processing including a general understanding of the annual processing cycles for CMS
- Extensive knowledge Quality business processing including a general understanding of the annual processing cycles for HEDIS/Stars
- Extensive knowledge within the HealthCare Data Management
- Detail oriented analytic thinker
- Ability to manage assigned work with minimal oversight
- Ability to work effectively within a team to support and execute strategies meeting functional/operational objectives
- Ability to analyze and problem solve with both business and technical audiences within the organization
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $66,100 to $118,300. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $72,800 to $129,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.