Lead Financial Analyst Planning and Forecasting ( 598959-1B )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
The Finance Organization
At Verizon, we are building a world-class Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) organization. We have begun a comprehensive program to streamline processes, enhance systems, realign the organization and add opportunities for personal skill-building and professional growth. We’re finding new ways to add value and provide strategic support. This is the kind of work we do. We want to build leading FP&A practices within Verizon, setting the stage to become the place any FP&A professional wants to work. You can become a catalyst for change.
The Partner Channel Finance Organization is looking for a dynamic individual to join its FP&A team. The team is responsible for providing financial oversight and decision support to the Partner Channel Leadership Team for business segment growth and retention. Our mission is to collaborate with Verizon’s 3rd Party Partners to drive shareholder value through profitable growth opportunities in core and emerging products. Our 3rd Party Partner Channel programs include selling with, selling on behalf of and Verizon operating as a channel partner.
Member of a team of Partner Channel Finance Organization professionals whose primary responsibility is to collaborate with Channel Partner Sales Operations, Channel Management Sales, Global Commission, Legal and Marketing teams in order to develop and negotiate creative offers, Partner compensation plans, policies, process, and promotions to encouraging growth in connections, while balancing profitability. Keep abreast of the competitive wireless landscape and understand how the changes impact pricing and promotions. This position requires a solid understanding of the business, financial statements, financial analysis and performance drivers. Our financial value is provided to the Enterprise by acting with urgency and delivering balanced offers to grow the business.
- Collaborate with Channel Partner Sales and Operations teams to streamline decisions and create processes for new and existing business initiatives.
- Analyze and provide recommendations in response to customer requests in order to maintain and win new business – Partner request types include compensation guidelines, headcount incentives, short-term funding, promotions and non-standard pricing.
- Provide contract language authorization in coordination with Legal and Global Commissions teams.
- Final approver for ad-hoc partner incentive payments, outside of standard scope of work.
- Weekly progression meetings to review outstanding business cases.
- Assess customer/product profitability and ROI to drive profit optimization through financial modeling.
- Bi-weekly meeting to review partner compensation related to business internet orders.
- Maintain customer restricted list – approving additions and removals based on financial KPIs.
- Support strategic projects, identify key business and financial risks, and support setting financial priorities within Partner Channels.
- Monitor channel segment performance and effectiveness of approved compensation incentives.
- Contribute to the development of the overall strategy of the Finance organization.
- Identify changes in marketplace demands and trends for consideration in pricing deals and proposals.
- Ensure all compensation and pricing proposals receive timely and efficient review.
- Gainexperience and exposure to a rapidly growing business segment.
Where you'll be working...
This hybrid role will have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days as set by the manager.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite with knowledge of Excel.
- Willingness to travel.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Economics.
- Experience in the technology and/or telecommunications industry.
- A professional certification (e.g. CPA, CMA).
- Understanding of corporate financial planning, reporting & analysis, and costing/profitability methodologies and processes.
- Knowledge of common business and cost drivers, financial statement analysis, and deep-dive analysis.
- Familiarity with the preparation of General Ledgers, Basic Knowledge of FASB requirements, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Proficiency in Essbase, Smart View, Hyperion Planning, and Hyperion Strategic Finance.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to focus on the details.
- If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every “even better” qualification listed above.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical, religious, or state law recognized reasons).