Mergers and Acquisitions Analyst - Telecommute (105978846)
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
The Mergers and Acquisitions Analyst will be responsible for supporting business combinations and strategic growth initiatives by assisting in the sourcing, evaluation, and execution of healthcare services mergers, acquisitions, and partnership opportunities in the northeast United States. The Analyst will work closely with leaders and teammates across all functions of the business, including strategy, finance, and operations. The Analyst will collaborate with a group of highly motivated teammates and be expected to successfully manage multiple work streams and effectively communicate analysis within the team and with senior executives.
This position is either onsite in New York or 100 % remote within the region of the New York office. Candidate must be willing to travel to office when required for intermittent meetings. Position also requires 10-20% travel within area.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Support analysis in planning and executing acquisitions and strategic growth initiatives spanning all facets of the process, including assessment, due diligence, negotiations, and closing
- Complete valuation analysis such as comparable companies, precedent transactions, discounted cash flow, and related investment returns
- Perform rigorous analysis of operational and financial impact of potential transactions
- Participate in and prepare for meetings and due diligence sessions with target company management and external advisors (e.g., investment bankers, lawyers, and accountants)
- Support financial and operational due diligence analysis of target companies and identify and resolve key deal issues
- Support Associates and other leaders in developing and presenting executive-level memoranda, presentations, and detailed financial analysis to share with senior leadership
- Research, review, and screen potential acquisition and partnership opportunities
- Support ad hoc projects (e.g., analysis of prospect pipeline, tracking of prior investments, etc.) and other administrative tasks to enhance the group’s infrastructure and connectivity with operations
- Enhance organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests and exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 2+ years of transaction-oriented analytical experience; prefer experience from M&A group at an investment bank, corporate development department, or other related finance experience
- Solid experience in the following areas:
- Direct transaction / valuation experience
- Building and interpreting valuation models, including discounted cash flow and other returns analysis
- Detailed knowledge of financial statements and valuation methodologies, with ability to create detailed financial and operational models with zero defects
- Working knowledge of standard accounting practices and statistical techniques
- Understands the strategic and operational implications of financial analysis
- Preparing, reading and interpreting financial statements
- Solid quantitative and analytical skills
- Advanced proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Finance, or related analytical field preferred, but will also look at candidates that have good experience
- Experience with physician group acquisitions or in the managed care environment
- Experience in an investment banking role
- High energy and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment with many stakeholders
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $66,100 to $118,300. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $72,800 to $129,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.