Sr Analyst-Sales Ops & Eblmt ( 595224-1E )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
You will be primarily responsible for commissions, reporting, analysis, and support of the Innovation Advisor & 5G/MEC Specialist and their managers consisting of approximately 25-30 sales professionals. Also as a member of the Advanced Solutions Sales Operations Team you will also be engaged in the support of 200 Product Specialist sales professionals and their initiatives, programs, revenue assurance, compensation etc.
You will be instrumental in supporting the IA & 5G/MEC sales teams, from the development of the commissions’ process through its execution and ultimately commission payments along with the creation of business reporting metrics and dashboards. You will be working directly with the sales teams in gathering and tracking their sales information to be used in the commission calculations and documentation process. You will team with your Sales Ops counterpart/s in this initiative. Much of the work is manual and will continue to need optimization as it grows in scale and it will include auditing, tracking, commissions’ fulfillment, along with reporting, analytics, and other performance metrics. Through your data collection and analysis you will be enabling Sales Leadership to make sound business decisions based on your analysis along with accurate and timely commission payments for the sales teams due to the nature of a “manual” commission system with multi-level approvals. You will assigned to support specific programs and initiatives along with ad-hocs as they arise and peer coverage.
- Support the Innovation Partners and 5G/MEC sales teams coordinating commission plans and their auditing, approvals and processing along with business metrics, reporting, tools, and issue resolution.
- Report and analyze domains, market and white space studies, and provide marketing support.
- Contribute and collaborate on a sales to revenue recognition/assurance program to identify and address revenue mapping issues and sales comp implications and get them addressed.
- Overflow resource addressing ad-hoc requests, Ops Reviews, Director Initiatives, specialized commission issue resolution, vacation coverage for the team to include assignment/quota and compensation issues coverage for the overall sales organization.
Where you’ll be working:
This hybrid role will have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days as set by the manager.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Three or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in sales, sales operations, or sales support.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in Finance or Business Management.
- Five or more years of Verizon Sales Operations Analyst experience.
- Database design experience.
- Past experience with the Product Specialist sales teams.
- Past experience with the GID team.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (i.e., Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Access) and Gmail.
- Knowledge of Verizon OE systems and tracking (e.g., VRD, Premysis, SPA).
- Knowledge of SPA Global Product Hierarchy.
- Proficiency in SFDC, dashboard creation, reporting, and forecasting.
- Experience with Vz Contracts and SoWs and Contract Viewer and Document Manager.
- Experience with Vz Compensation Plans, pay tables, and calculations.
- Excellent communication skills.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical, religious, or state law recognized reasons).