Senior Data and Reporting Analyst - Telecommute (106799972)
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
The Senior Data and Reporting Analyst will be responsible for creating, analyzing, and delivering a portfolio of dashboards and reports for both internal and external stakeholders. This person would also be responsible for extracting and blending data from multiple sources into common data structures that would support reporting solutions. Other responsibilities could include producing and managing the delivery of production reports to external stakeholders and clients. Responsibilities also include performing data analysis, interpreting results, developing actionable insights, and presenting recommendations to clients. This position requires a solid skillset in data management, data analysis and building visualizations
You'll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Develop reports and visualizations based on project specifications.
- Present analysis results to clients
- Extract and blend data from multiple sources into common data structures that would support reporting solutions
- Utilizing SQL to create new reporting solutions, modify existing reports, and distribute reports to users
- Review peer reports for data accuracy and efficiency
- Detect and address data issues to remediate data quality problems
- Communicate effectively with report consumers to explain insights behind data
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of experience in reporting, analytics, and data management
- 2+ years of experience working with relational databases and database structures (such as SQL, Oracle, Teradata)
- 2+ years of experience developing reports and dashboards in Tableau
- 2+ years of experience working with business stakeholders
- Solid verbal and written communication skills, ability and comfort presenting to senior leadership
- Experience with building analytics and reports using healthcare data (members, medical claims, etc.)
- Experience with ETL and data blending tools (e.g., SSIS, Alteryx)
- Experience with SAS and Python
- Experience with Snowflake
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $66,100 to $118,300. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $72,800 to $129,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected bylower 48 law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.