Lead Financial Analyst and Planning ( 599970-1A )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
The Finance Organization
At Verizon, we are building a world-class Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) organization. We have begun a comprehensive program to streamline processes, enhance systems, realign the organization and add opportunities for personal skill-building and professional growth. We’re finding new ways to add value and provide strategic support. This is the kind of work we do. We want to build leading FP&A practices within Verizon, setting the stage to become the place any FP&A professional wants to work. You can become a catalyst for change.
FP&A Cost Modeling Team
Move beyond compiling data and help tell the story behind the numbers. The Cost Modeling team position offers opportunities to drive better business partnering and insights, while growing your FP&A leadership and interpersonal skills. You are considered a business partner and your contributions will make a difference. You’ll become involved in, but not limited to, developing cost models to support pricing decisions and new initiatives to develop new products and services. You can have an impact on new business growth opportunities through development of business case scenarios.
- Partner with engineering, product, and finance teams to drive the development and communication of cost models for all commercial lines of business.
- Serve as cost model Subject Matter Expert and partner with the business to develop costing/profitability models and reports.
- Accountable for making decisions and recommendations to ensure quality and delivery of costing information.
- Assess customer/product profitability and drive profit optimization.
- Evaluate business cases and determine costing and pricing for services including special construction charges.
- Design, develop and implement methods and strategies to continually improve processes.
- Present and communicate to all levels of the business.
Where you'll be working...
This hybrid role will have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days as set by the manager.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Project management experience.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- A Master's in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, or Economics.
- A Master’s in a STEM field.
- Experience in the technology and/or telecommunications industry.
- Proficiency in digital finance tools like SQL, VBA, Alteryx, Tableau, and/or Qlik.
- A professional certification (e.g. CPA, CMA).
- A high degree of analytical capability with the demonstrated ability to structure business case around a high-level strategic vision.
- Strong strategic skills.
- Proven ability to identify and assess key points, implications and recommendations.
- Knowledge of corporate financial planning, reporting and analysis, and costing/profitability methodologies and processes.
- Knowledge of common business and cost drivers, financial statement analysis, and deep-dive analysis.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical, religious, or state law recognized reasons).