Lead Financial Analyst Planning and Forecasting ( 599942-1A )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
Help us optimize Verizon purchases of four hundred million of 3rd Party Access Transport by joining Carrier Management as a member of the Access Planning and Optimization Team. This group optimizes the Verizon transport network by consolidating bandwidth and by reducing mileage purchased. Both tasks require a detail understanding of access circuit design and strong analytical skills.
- Identify underutilized Access circuits and develop a plan to consolidate, providing monthly savings by eliminating telco spend.
- Assist with decommissioning of circuits, equipment and locations with other internal teams as well as third-party vendors.
- Work with Provisioning group to meet requirements of specific circuit Grooms/Decoms/Disconnects.
- Determine how Telco spend will change based on the Grooms you identify.
- Manage Termination Liabilities by identifying Optimal Disconnect dates.
Where you'll be working...
This hybrid role will have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days as set by the manager.
What we’re looking for...
Being the first one to encounter and solve a problem is enjoyable to you. You’re great at following an established process or procedure to complete tasks. Experience navigating and working well at all levels in a fast-paced, ever-changing network environment. You are dependable and enjoy the flexibility necessary to support the rotational needs of a technical support environment.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in the Telecom industry.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Previous experience with invoice validation, cost or access engineering role.
- Experience with FCC interstate telecom tariffs and LEC service guides.
- Knowledge of third-party telco vendor billing with detailed knowledge of CABS and SECABS billing formats.
- Knowledge of and experience working with network systems and applications including Netpro, F&E, BGW, TCOMS, CLR, Order Manager, VERIFY(WebFocus 8 or TOAD), eASR, 4WM, CAMEO, Optima and Excel.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every “even better” qualification listed above.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical, religious, or state law recognized reasons).