Lead Financial Analyst Planning and Forecasting ( 599533-1A )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
FP&A Corporate and Business Unit Team
Move beyond compiling data and help tell the story behind the numbers. The Business Unit facing positions offer opportunities to drive better business partnering and insights, while growing your FP&A leadership and interpersonal skills. You are considered a business partner and your contributions will make a difference. You’ll become involved in, but not limited to, pricing decisions and new initiatives to develop new products and services. You can have an impact on new business growth opportunities through development of business case scenarios.
- Prepare final financial plan, forecast, reporting and analysis for the business clients.
- Develop the Business Plan, Commitment View, Best View, including analysis, distribution and recommendations for management reviews.
- Prepare final monthly analysis of business trends and budget variance of financial results and Key Performance Indicators to be used in management reviews and strategic business analysis sessions.
- Develop the final in depth analysis of the business performance and recommend action plans; including gap closures, considerations for managing cost, growing the revenue and profitability.
- Develop final capital planning models, reports and templates.
- Define the need for and the source of data requirements for the planning & forecasting and reporting processes.
- Conduct the development of strategic business analysis with overlays and commentary.
- Create final performance reports, including business insights, ad-hoc analysis and recommendations to executive management.
- Proactively identify possible scenarios, risks and opportunities around business performance.
- Create profitability/costing models and oversee/communicate model updates to the Center of Excellence.
- Develop and analyze economic drivers of the business client (e.g. customer churn, renewals).
- Model/assess performance scenarios to analyze risks and opportunities.
- Communicate with partners in a clear and concise manner.
Where you'll be working...
This hybrid role will have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days as set by the manager.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Willingness to travel.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite with proven focus on Excel and Access, Power BI or equivalent.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Economics.
- Analytical skills.
- Experience in the technology and/or telecommunications industry.
- A professional certification (e.g. CPA, CMA).
- Knowledge of corporate financial planning, reporting and analysis.
- Knowledge of costing/profitability methodologies and processes.
- Knowledge of common business and cost drivers, financial statement analysis, and deep-dive analysis.
- Knowledge with the preparation of General Ledgers, Basic Knowledge of FASB requirements, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Experience in Essbase, Smart View, Hyperion Planning, and Hyperion Strategic Finance.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to focus on the details.
- Experience in data presentation (Qlik, Tableau, Excel Dashboarding).
- SQL experience.
- Experience with Business Group Applications (SFDC, GCH, FRR, VESDW, Pipeline BI, SPA)
- Experience and knowledge in the confidence to question processes and design; propose and implement alternatives.
- Knowledge of common business drivers, sales performance analysis, and deep-dive analysis.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical, religious, or state law recognized reasons).