Senior Data Quality Analyst - UnitedHealthcare - STARS Data Quality and Reporting - Telecommute (107232396)
UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
This Data Quality Analyst role will work within the UnitedHealthcare, Stars Data Strategy Quality and Reporting team and be responsible for development of world-class software and data quality test automation framework within a continuous delivery lifecycle. You will be accountable for ensuring the proper Quality Assurance controls are adhered to for inbound data, internal analytics and outbound results to customers while ensuring operational excellence and continuity.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Create and execute test cases within an ETL, Data Warehouse, and Reporting Application Environment
- Responsible to System / Integration test User interface, Database, Reporting, ETL / Batch application components with solid emphasis on Data Quality
- Understand and create SQL queries with the ability to troubleshoot issues found in stored procedures and/or customer data
- Perform exploratory tests and queries on the data to identify issues that are not covered by automation
- Engineer autonomous continuous testing harness and metric reporting solutions
- Explore new software, tools and capabilities to automate System integration testing to support continuous delivery / DevOps agenda in a Data Warehouse environment
- Generate and maintain Quality Metric reports
- Analyze and optimize QA business processes, monitor and report quality metrics for the STAR Data Management and Reporting teams
- Collaborate and communicate effectively across teams though out the QA lifecycle
- Share and communicate ideas both verbally and in writing to staff, business sponsors, managers, and technical resources in clear concise language that is appropriate to the target audience
- Use database statistics and data trending to compare data between deliveries to identify issues
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years of experience in a Quality Assurance or Data Quality role with data warehouse environment
- Experience working with 1+ of the following database technologies: Snowflake, MS-SQL Server, Teradata, Hadoop
- Ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment which requires creativity and self-motivation
- Solid SQL query experience with the ability to read/write stored procedures in MS-SQL Server Database
- Experience working in a CI / CD environment like Jenkins for executing automated tests
- Business Intelligence Reporting utilizing Tableau or PowerBi
- Knowledge of HEDIS and Star Quality Specifications
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Medicare & Retirement. The Boomer generation is the fastest growing market segment in health care. And we are the largest business in the nation dedicated to serving their unique health and well-being needs. Up for the challenge of a lifetime? Join a team of the best and the brightest to find bold new ways to proactively improve the health and quality of life of these 9 million customers. You'll find a wealth of dynamic opportunities to grow and develop as we work together to heal and strengthen our health care system. Ready? It's time to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary/hourly range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary/hourly range for Connecticut/Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.