Compliance and Accounting Senior Data Lead Analyst ( 602847-1A )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
This position will be supporting the Lifeline data compliance reporting area within the Accounting department. The candidate will support the government program for compliance with Federal and State Lifeline requirements, including the new Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP), required filings, government audits and investigations. The dynamic and collaborative technical professional should have advanced data-mining analytical skills, extensive experience to create and maintain PL/SQL programs. The candidate will function as the lead analyst and must be able to work with limited guidance, develop comprehensive solutions to complex business problems. In this capacity, this person will lead compliance initiatives within cross-functional business areas, ensure decisions occur to support program guidelines, identifying root cause in order to take actions. In addition to performing complex reconciliations to validate data against multiple systems both internally and externally. The incumbent will develop data metrics for reporting and use advanced Excel to present, review, and analyze data. The professional must possess financial and business knowledge with excellent communication and documentation skills. This individual must learn and adherence to Lifeline and other government program rules, policies, procedures, work instructions and functional level documents.
Create and analyze the federal Lifeline, ACP and State claims, PL/SQL programs, guidelines and processes for FCC and USAC requirements, including systemic analysis, monitoring and reporting.
- Develop and deploy complex technical data reconciliations, analyze support and manage Lifeline customers selected for federal claims reimbursement
- Lead the collaboration and effort through PL/SQL program to develop a complex technical data reconciliation between internal sources
- Work with USAC and external sources directly for escalations or data notifications communicated
- Determine trend or potential future risks observed
- Report concerns with immediate team and collaborate with IT for development CR’s and implementation
- Develop and maintain process documentation in support of procedures, automation, improvements, audit requirements, compliance library and lessons-learned for the Lifeline Compliance Accounting area. Identify operational process deficiencies and automate for effectiveness.
- Identify potential monetary revisions necessary and collaborate results
- Attend industry webinars, trainings, conduct research, and perform benchmarking exercises to ensure we are maintaining the highest level of performance and value
- Work on special projects with agile teams, as requested.
Where you'll be working...
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in PL/SQL with strong business and systems analysis background.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- A degree.
- Ability to read, modify and optimize programming languages such as PL/SQL, Java Script, ETL Data Stage or other to support the role.
- Experience with Low Income Lifeline Programs or state/federal benefits program preferred.
- Three or more years of experience in data-driven, root cause analysis for large scale projects and/or cross-functional teams.
- Experience with Visual Basic, MS Advanced Excel and/or Access.
- Knowledge system controls, programs with advanced SQL analysis and complex programming.
- Experience with complex systems and technology solutions.
- Data analysis support, with emphasis on requirements, testing, deployment, and support of systems experience.
- Communications and documentation skills
- Financial business knowledge.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
NYC candidates: Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for onsite and hybrid NYC roles. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons). Additional information will be provided during the hiring process.