Senior Reporting and Data Analyst - Telecommute (109599774)
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
As the Sr Reporting and Data Analyst, you will provide reporting and analytics to support Optum member contact center operations and client management teams. You will work closely with business and technology leaders to develop innovative reporting and analytic solutions to drive better decisions and performance to help Optum fulfill its mission and goals.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Design, develop, test and document reports
- Support data mining and analysis to help locate critical data points
- Ensure insights are clearly available to the customer so they can act quickly
- Present analysis and recommendations for operational and business review/planning, for both short and long-term operational/strategic business activities
- Assist with the execution of testing, QA and production roll out of reporting solutions
- Work as part of a team to mockup reports and determine elegant ways to provide metrics to customers
- Use SQL and data analysis tools to identify data abnormalities that impact analytic rule development and performance
- Collaborate with customers to help Interpret business requirements and functional specifications
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience developing SQL queries
- 5+ years of experience working with relational databases & database structures (such as SQL, Snowflake, etc.)
- 4+ years of experience developing in Business Intelligence / Visualization software, such as Tableau or Power BI
- 4+ years of experience in BA (gathering business needs from a client/business unit and documenting requirements)
- 4+ years of experience in business analysis or data analysis
- Experience with call center environments
- Experience with workforce management theories
- Graphic Design experience
- Experience working with statistical tools/method
- Experience with Agile methodologies for software development
- Experience using data manipulation software, such as Alteryx, PowerBI, or SSIS
- Experience with complex data schemas, multi-million row tables, and complex queries
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $66,100 to $118,300. The salary range for Connecticut/Nevada residents is $72,800 to $129,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.