Lead Financial Analyst – Planning and Forecasting
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
Help us optimize Verizon purchases of four hundred million of 3rd Party Access Transport by joining Carrier Management as a member of the Access Planning and Optimization Team. This group optimizes the Verizon transport network by consolidating bandwidth and by reducing mileage purchased. Both tasks require a detail understanding of access circuit design and strong analytical skills.
- Project Manage and perform regular executive briefings on status of 170+ collocation reduction target in Year 1 with additional phases in future years.
- Act as Liaison with Network Operations to transition projects thru equipment removal and audit phases.
- Once project completes, ensure vendor is notified and billing ceases.
- Highlight process improvement as discovered.
Where you'll be working...
This hybrid role will have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days as set by the manager.
What we’re looking for...
Being the first one to encounter and solve a problem is enjoyable to you. You’re great at following an established process or procedure to complete tasks. Experience navigating and working well at all levels in a fast-paced, ever-changing network environment. You are dependable and enjoy the flexibility necessary to support the rotational needs of a technical support environment.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in the Telecom industry.
- Project Management experience.
Even better if you have:
- Previous experience with invoice validation, cost or access engineering role.
- Access Cost Management experience.
- Experience with FCC Interstate Telcom Tariffs and LEC Service Guides.
- Knowledge of 3rd Party Telco Vendor billing with detailed knowledge of CABS and SECABS billing formats.
- Knowledge of and experience working with Network Systems and Applications including TBS, APM, Netpro, F&E, BGW, TCOMS, CLR, Order Manager, VERIFY, eASR, 4WM, CAMEO and Optima.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every “even better” qualification listed above.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
NYC candidates: Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for onsite and hybrid NYC roles. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons). Additional information will be provided during the hiring process.