Brand and Marketing Communications Manager ( 596253-1A )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
The Communications Manager will drive public relations efforts for Verizon’s marketing initiatives spanning sports, music, entertainment, and gaming partnerships, corporate social responsibility, advertising and branding, consumer goods and services, emerging technology and executive thought leadership.
- Apply a journalistic lens to all campaigns and projects to drive press coverage that engages key audiences and supports business objectives.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with influential audiences including consumer, lifestyle, marketing trade, business and tech press, social influencers and a range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Oversee PR agencies to create and execute plans that drive business results.
- Develop communication tools – press releases, key messages, FAQs, etc.
- Serve as communications counsel to marketing senior leadership, i.e. Chief Marketing Officer, Chief Media Officer and Chief Creative Officer.
- Drive collaboration cross-functionally with a wide variety of stakeholders, specifically within the marketing team to ensure an integrated approach to all campaigns and launches.
Where you'll be working…
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and in-office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience in Communications and Public Relations.
- Willingness to travel up to 25%.
Even better if you have:
- Background in entertainment, tech and consumer goods.
- Written, oral and presentation skills.
- Proven track record of developing and implementing integrated communications plans that go beyond traditional public relations.
- Ability to work under pressure on multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines and delivering quality consistently.
- Effective communication skills for all levels of the organization.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
NYC candidates: Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for onsite and hybrid NYC roles. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons). Additional information will be provided during the hiring process.