Senior Specialist, Marketing Fellowship (Hybrid) - Hiring Our Heroes
We are honored to be a sponsor of Hiring Our Heroes and proud to offer transitioning service members this opportunity to gain professional experience in a 12-week fellowship program.
Who we are …
We are known as Merck & Co., Inc., in the United States and Canada and MSD everywhere else. For more than a century, we have been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world's most challenging diseases. Today, our company continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.
What we look for …
Imagine getting up in the morning for a job as important as helping to save and improve lives around the world. Here, you have that opportunity. You can put your empathy, creativity, digital mastery, or scientific genius to work in collaboration with a diverse group of colleagues who pursue and bring hope to countless people who are battling some of the most challenging diseases of our time. Our team is constantly evolving, so if you are among the intellectually curious, join us—and start making your impact today.
The Senior Specialist, HPV Vaccine Marketing will help lead several key projects and support the day-to-day operational activities of a marketing team. The person in this role will help to develop and optimize strategic choices for short-term and long-term strategies, as well as certain elements of the tactical implementation of those choices. They will also be a key member of the vaccines marketing organization, representing the team in cross-functional meetings and programs.
Your Fellowship Project
The person in this role will be a key team member on several important projects. For example:
- Helping to improve HPV vaccination rates within the Department of Defense Health System
- Assessing market expansion and growth opportunities in Adult Vaccination to inform prioritization and project planning
- Development of internal communications with the sales organization
The HPV marketing team operates in a hybrid, AGILE environment, leveraging SCRUM. Prior experience or knowledge of AGILE and SCRUM are not required, but a growth mindset towards understanding and thriving within those frameworks is highly desirable.
Experience/Skills We are looking for:
- Strong problem-solving
- Comfort with embracing and resolving ambiguity productively
- Business acumen and marketing knowledge
- Strong communication & interpersonal skills and ability to work with cross-functional teams
- Project management
- Timeline management
- Growth mindset
- Proven track record of contribution to the operational success of an organization and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience in the Federal Health System (Military), eg. Defense Health Agency, BUMED, AMEDD, Office of the Surgeon General, Air Force Medical, Medical Command, Military Treatment Facility, MTF, etc.
- General knowledge of SCRUM and AGILE ways of working
Primary Work Site/Schedule
Hybrid schedule (onsite/remote). 2-3 days in office (Upper Gwynedd, PA).
Requirement: Transitioning Service Members who is participating in the Hiring Our Heroes Corporate Fellowship Program