Partner Marketing Specialist, AMS
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Our high-growth company is seeking an energetic, experienced partner marketing specialist to help drive Apptio’s partner business in the Americas. You will be an integral member of the Global Partner Marketing team dedicated to, and responsible for, developing and executing marketing strategies and initiatives together with, and on behalf of, the Americas Partner Sales team. In this role, you will work closely with Partner Team leadership and sales managers, coordinating with field and corporate marketing counterparts, to produce and drive go-to-market assets, demand generation programs, market awareness, and internal/external partner communications. You will also work directly with partners within the Apptio and IBM Partner Community, which includes global systems integrators (GSIs), global audit & advisory firms, regional solutions partners, Cloud hyperscalers, and leading SaaS providers. Output from your efforts will result in multi-touch, multi- dimensional programs that expand Apptio’s brand awareness and footprint within these partner accounts, grow the Apptio-internal understanding on the capabilities of the partner, and most importantly drive top of funnel opportunities through joint initiatives.
You’ll leverage cutting-edge marketing technologies and techniques to deliver and measure the effectiveness of marketing programs. This is an exciting opportunity for someone to take ownership and help drive the marketing initiatives of a multi-million-dollar business that is growing rapidly and is a world leader in its field. With proven experience in navigating partner landscapes, prioritizing efforts and building partner marketing programs you’ll be responsible for developing and executing marketing plans in Apptio’s most important geography that will make measurable impact on global partner-generated pipeline.
If you’re an excellent relationship builder, passionate about demand generation and a self-starter who is hands-on and executes with urgency, this is the perfect role for you.
What we want you to do:
- Develop and manage plans to achieve pipeline and partnership goals in the Americas, with global and regional partners
- Collaborate with internal and external cross-functional teams to develop and execute partner marketing programs, including campaigns, field marketing, channels & alliances, product marketing, and within the partner ecosystem
- Help develop marketing campaigns/events that source new leads for Apptio as well as help accelerate existing opportunities in our funnel
- Build strong relationships with senior marketing and GTM executive leaders within our partners to promote Apptio, create joint messaging and value propositions, and create partner marketing programs
- Create partner event strategy and coordinate with field marketing and event teams on event execution
- Create programs to educate and engage partner sales teams to drive new opportunities
- Coordinate execution of marketing events and initiatives with regional Field Marketing Managers
- Contribute to the internal awareness of the Apptio sales force on the capabilities of the partners, and how these can help accelerate and/or grow opportunities, and how best to engage. You are the partner’s internal advocate
- Measure, analyze and communicate partner marketing performance against target plan, and calibrate plans accordingly
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience of a similar role from within a complex technology environment is essential
- Proven success in executing programs that drive demand, acceleration and return across a broad range of channels, including events, campaigns, digital, direct mail, outbound and inbound prospecting
- Demonstrated ability to build highly effective working relationships with partner sales and marketing, supporting the delivery of go-to-market and alliances strategies
- Excellent written English language skills
- Willingness to travel
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Ability to clearly translate a partner-specific value proposition into a partner marketing plan, and tailor it to fit a variety of program requirements
- Understanding of B2B sales cycle and ability to identify opportunities to maximize demand creation, pipeline contribution and sales opportunity acceleration
- Understanding of a demand creation performance management system
- Current on best practices for B2B marketing
- Experience with sales and marketing automation, such as Marketo and Salesforce.com
- Effective communication skills in English including the ability to:
- Convey information to a wide variety of internal and external audiences
- Leverage social channels
- Results–oriented and committed
- Flexibility and “can-do” attitude for both strategic and routine tasks
- Communication and influence – must be energetic and passionate
- Ability to manage through multiple projects simultaneously with tight deadlines
- Has excellent attention to detail
- Self-starter, demonstrates initiative and a desire to grow skills and career
About Business Unit
Your Life @ IBM
Being an IBMer means you’ll be able to learn and develop yourself and your career, you’ll be encouraged to be courageous and experiment everyday, all whilst having continuous trust and support in an environment where everyone can thrive whatever their personal or professional background.
Our IBMers are growth minded, always staying curious, open to feedback and learning new information and skills to constantly transform themselves and our company. They are trusted to provide on-going feedback to help other IBMers grow, as well as collaborate with colleagues keeping in mind a team focused approach to include different perspectives to drive exceptional outcomes for our customers. The courage our IBMers have to make critical decisions everyday is essential to IBM becoming the catalyst for progress, always embracing challenges with resources they have to hand, a can-do attitude and always striving for an outcome focused approach within everything that they do.
Are you ready to be an IBMer?
- Healthcare benefits including medical & prescription drug coverage, dental, vision, and mental health & well being
- Financial programs such as 401(k), the IBM Employee Stock Purchase Plan, financial counseling, life insurance, short & long- term disability coverage, and opportunities for performance based salary incentive programs
- Generous paid time off including 12 holidays, minimum 56 hours sick time, 120 hours vacation, 12 weeks parental bonding leave in accordance with IBM Policy, and other Paid Care Leave programs. IBM also offers paid family leave benefits to eligible employees where required by applicable law
- Training and educational resources on our personalized, AI-driven learning platform where IBMers can grow skills and obtain industry-recognized certifications to achieve their career goals
- Diverse and inclusive employee resource groups, giving & volunteer opportunities, and discounts on retail products, services & experiences
The compensation range and benefits for this position are based on a full-time schedule for a full calendar year. The salary will vary depending on your job-related skills, experience and location. Pay increment and frequency of pay will be in accordance with employment classification and applicable laws. For part time roles, your compensation and benefits will be adjusted to reflect your hours. Benefits may be pro-rated for those who start working during the calendar year.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
IBM will not be providing visa sponsorship for this position now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship.
Being You @ IBM