Senior Specialist, US Oncology Marketing Skin Cancers ( MERCUSR112523ENUS)
Our Marketing team are passionate about bringing our medicines and vaccines to our customers around the world. Through digital listening and patient analytics, we are able to understand our customers’ needs and strive to provide solutions to meet them.
Our company is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us. Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
Senior Specialist, US Oncology Marketing – Skin Cancers
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Specialist, US Oncology Marketing – Skin Cancers. The position will report to the US Oncology Marketing Director for Skin Cancers. This role will contribute to various elements of work across the skin cancers franchise, merkel cell carcinoma (MCC) and melanoma, for our leading immuno-oncology product. The role will require outstanding leadership in several areas including strategy development and direction, problem solving, collaboration, and precision marketing.
To ensure a robust marketing experience, with broad skill/competency development, this position is designed to be flexible and may focus on any aspect of marketing over time, based on the business needs and/or the capabilities and developmental needs of the team. The initial focus of the role is outlined below, but the role could include or shift to other important aspects of marketing in the future.
Initial responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Healthcare provider strategy and execution for Merkel Cell Carcinoma (MCC)
- Marketing lead for Oncology Remote Engagement Group (OREG) personnel
- Medical education strategy and execution for melanoma
- Integrated Promotion Plan lead
- Field communications
- Promotional review prioritization lead
- Develop and manage project plans for high-priority initiatives (on a periodic basis as indicated by brand leadership)
- Bachelor's degree required
- Strong relationship building, problem solving, innovative thinking, teamwork, analytical, and written/verbal communication skills
- Strength managing complexity and multiple competing priorities and experience with project management
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to clearly articulate strategic choices, opportunities and risks
- Experience influencing without direct authority and working successfully with cross-functional teams
- Requires up to 20% travel, including some weekends
- 3+ years of experience in the pharmaceutical/biotech industry
- 2+ years of pharmaceutical/oncology marketing experience
- Healthcare Provider promotion experience and experience bringing materials through legal, regulatory, and clinical review
- Direct customer experience (sales, sales leadership, etc.)
- Experience leading development of strategic/tactical plans and budget management
- Excels when addressing ambiguity, working outside existing processes or structures
- Ability to establish networks across stakeholders to drive influence and alignment
- Test and learn mindset to drive culture of innovation
- Ability to focus on patient and customer experience while achieving business priorities
- Committed to applying agile values, principles, and practices
Position Location: Upper Gwynedd, PA or Virtual
Residents of Colorado
Click here to request this role’s pay range.
Our Human Health Division maintains a “patient first, profits later” ideology. The organization is comprised of sales, marketing, market access, digital analytics and commercial professionals who are passionate about their role in bringing our medicines to our customers worldwide.
Who we are …
We are known as Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA in the United States and Canada and MSD everywhere else. For more than a century, we have been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world's most challenging diseases. Today, our company continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.
What we look for …
In a world of rapid innovation, we seek brave Inventors who want to make an Impact in all aspects of our business, enabling breakthroughs that will affect generations to come. We encourage you to bring your disruptive thinking, collaborative spirit and diverse perspective to our organization. Together we will continue Inventing For Life, Impacting Lives while Inspiring Your Career Growth.
Invent. Impact. Inspire.
NOTICE FOR INTERNAL APPLICANTS
In accordance with Managers' Policy - Job Posting and Employee Placement, all employees subject to this policy are required to have a minimum of twelve (12) months of service in current position prior to applying for open positions.
If you have been offered a separation benefits package, but have not yet reached your separation date and are offered a position within the salary and geographical parameters as set forth in the Summary Plan Description (SPD) of your separation package, then you are no longer eligible for your separation benefits package. To discuss in more detail, please contact your HRBP or Talent Acquisition Advisor.
Current Employees apply HERE
Current Contingent Workers apply HERE
US and Puerto Rico Residents Only:
Our company is committed to inclusion, ensuring that candidates can engage in a hiring process that exhibits their true capabilities. Please click here if you need an accommodation during the application or hiring process.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
We are proud to be a company that embraces the value of bringing diverse, talented, and committed people together. The fastest way to breakthrough innovation is when diverse ideas come together in an inclusive environment. We encourage our colleagues to respectfully challenge one another’s thinking and approach problems collectively. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Flexible Work Arrangements:Remote Work, Telecommuting
Valid Driving License:
Number of Openings:1