Marketing & PR Intern ( R-00063197 )
Looking for an opportunity to make an impact?
Leidos is a Fortune 500 science and technology solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 32,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $7.04 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2016. For more information, visit www.leidos.com.
For over a decade, Hawaii Energy has empowered island families and businesses to make smart energy choices by educating them about the many, lasting benefits of clean energy. We encourage and reward practical everyday energy-savings decisions that save money, grow our economy and reduce the demand for electricity. Our team members are committed to our mission and supporting Hawaii’s goal to achieve 100% clean energy by 2045. For more information, visit www.hawaiienergy.com.
You're greatest work is ahead!
We are seeking a Marketing & PR Intern to work with our marketing communications team to support Hawaii Energy.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
The Marketing & PR Intern will play an integral role in supporting Hawaii Energy’s mission by encouraging participation in Hawaii Energy’s programs, and increasing community understanding of energy efficiency and conservation. This role will support a broad variety of marketing and public relations projects, and offers a unique, hands-on opportunity to gain exposure to many marketing channels, as well as Hawaii’s fast-growing energy industry.
This position is ideal if you have excellent writing, creative thinking, and organizational skills; are self-motivated; are passionate about sustainability and clean energy in Hawaii; and are able to work effectively with a diverse team of engineers, operations staff, creatives and other collaborators in the energy industry.
The Intern will report to the Marketing and Communications Manager and may be able to work remotely in accordance with Hawaii Energy’s guidelines.
Are you ready to make an impact? Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career, share your resume with us today!
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Assist with the development and implementation of promotional campaigns that generate participation in Hawaii Energy programs and services. This may include, but is not limited to: copywriting, graphic design, basic photography/video, print collateral, program website updates, and e-mail campaigns.
- Assist with media outreach efforts, including coordinating media appearances for Hawaii Energy staff as needed, keeping up with clean energy news, and maintaining Hawaii Energy’s digital media room and news clippings archive.
- Support Marcom team in creating content for Hawaii Energy’s social media pages, as well as regularly tracking/reporting engagement on posts.
- Assist with special presentations and community outreach events (virtual and in-person when allowed), including team staffing, logistics and post-event reporting.
- Serve as brand ambassador for Hawaii Energy, ensuring that all public-facing communications adhere to Hawaii Energy brand standards and Hawaii Energy is represented well in the public.
- Other duties as assigned, depending on bandwidth and experience.
- Current enrollment as an undergraduate college student studying Marketing, Communication, Public Relations or related field
- At least 1 year of proven experience with one or more of the following: digital or print marketing, social media management, event coordination, public relations, mass email campaigns, persuasive writing
- Support Hawaii Energy’s mission and passion for clean energy, sustainability and community service work in Hawaii
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Expertise in social media and digital video platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube)
- Exceptional writing and creative thinking skills (writing samples will be required)
- Strong commitment to professionalism and upholding Leidos/Hawaii Energy core values
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment where multi-tasking will be required
- Comfortable working in teams and collaborating with others whose viewpoints are different than your own
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator or Canva
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail
- Basic knowledge of Hawaii Energy program and energy issues in Hawaii
LeidosCollegeExternal Referral Bonus:IneligibleExternal Referral Bonus $:Potential for Telework:NoClearance Level Required:NoneTravel:NoScheduled Weekly Hours:24Shift:DayRequisition Category:InternJob Family:Intern OtherPay Range: