Senior Technical Writer and Marketing and Proposal Developer (2113696)
We are the world’s learning company with more than 24,000 employees operating in 70 countries. We combine world-class educational content and assessment, powered by services and technology, to enable more effective teaching and personalized learning at scale. We believe that wherever learning flourishes so do people.
Pearson VUE is a business of Pearson, the world's leading learning company with global-reach and market-leading businesses. Pearson is listed on both the London and New York stock exchanges (UK: PSON; NYSE: PSO).
The Evaluation Systems group of Pearson, offers dynamic teacher licensing and performance assessment solutions. Our custom teacher licensure testing programs are aligned to state and national standards. We also provide a wide variety of teacher licensure testing services such as test development, administration, and scoring. We work in a collaborative environment and are passionate about education.
The Senior Technical Writer and Marketing and Proposal Developer will be an experienced professional who will collaborate with staff at all levels to develop high quality state agency bid proposals and marketing collateral. This individual will also develop and maintain contract records and serve as a liaison to Pearson’s public affairs group. The Senior Technical Writer and Marketing and Proposal Developer will bring exceptional writing and editing skills and the ability to communicate clearly, concisely, quickly, and effectively at all levels. Broad knowledge of current educational trends and practices is desired, along with the skills to undertake in-depth research using multiple resources. The Senior Technical Writer and Marketing and Proposal Developer will serve in a hybrid remote/office format working remotely with in-office activities required, as needed, in Pearson’s Hadley, MA office.
- Responsible for bid proposal planning, development, coordination, and submission under the direction of the Leadership Team and in collaboration with the Pearson Proposal Management Team.
- Collaborate with the Leadership Team to develop business and bid proposal strategy, Pearson subject matter experts to develop and edit bid proposal narrative, and the Proposal Management Team to develop and maintain proposal boilerplate.
- Write proposal narrative and documents that reflect the business message and with close attention to detail, organizational policy and practice, and sensitivity to deadlines.
- Develop and infuse win strategies and themes into bid proposals.
- Produce and edit technical, market-focused, and stakeholder-specific documents and persuasive marketing collateral.
- Conduct market research in support of business strategy, bid proposals, and marketing collateral.
- Develop and maintain records associated with contracts, contract amendments, and statements of work.
- Serve as a business unit liaison to Pearson’s public affairs group.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of Pearson products and services and competitive landscape.
- Research complex educational topics and create concise and accurate summaries for internal and external clients.
Education and Skills
- Bachelors degree in education, English, or similar degree required; Masters degree preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, organizational skills, analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Demonstrated experience in technical and persuasive writing
- Ability to set priorities, meet critical deadlines, and produce high-quality and accurate work under time constraints
- Previous large-scale bid proposal writing experience strongly preferred
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat
- Knowledge of and experience with project management best practices preferred
- Knowledge of higher education and K-12 education preferred
- Ability to travel 10%
Learning is the most powerful force for change in the world. More than 20,000 Pearson employees deliver our products and services in nearly 200 countries, all working towards a common purpose – to help everyone achieve their potential through learning. We do that by providing high quality, digital content and learning experiences, as well as assessments and qualifications that help people build their skills and grow with the world around them. We are the world’s leading learning company. Learn more at pearsonplc.com.
Pearson believes that wherever learning flourishes, so do people. We are committed to being an anti-racist company in everything we do. We value the power of an inclusive culture and a strong sense of belonging. We promote a culture where differences are embraced, opportunities are accessible, consideration and respect are the norm, and all individuals are supported in reaching their full potential. Through our talent, we believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion make us a more innovative and vibrant place to work. People are at the center, and we are committed to a sustainable environment and workplace where talent can learn, grow, and thrive.
To learn more about Pearson’s commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce, please click here:
Pearson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and a member of E-Verify. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other group protected by law.
Organization: Assessments VUE
Req ID: 2113696