Marketing Mix - Data Science Principal ( 579507-1A )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is a leading provider of technology, communications, information and entertainment products, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our ambition and united in our shared purpose to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
This role is a blend of marketing, consulting, and predictive analytics. The Analytics Principal is an integral part of the Integrated Marketing Performance & Analytics team tasked with developing analytical processes designed to deliver high quality insights that enable Verizon to improve how marketing investments impact business results. You will work closely with marketing functions including media, brand/creative, sponsorship, Experience and consumer insights along with business teams, financial planning & analysis, and external partners to proactively develop and manage efforts from end-to-end. The end goal is to ensure strategic and tactical marketing decisions are informed by data-driven insights
- Manage, guide and build day-to-day analytics processes including activities such as data identification & collection, analytics design, model development, implementation & maintenance of new analytic approaches, interpretation of findings, and coordination with strategy & insights teams.
- Help build a best-in-class analytical roadmap that obtains both short-term and long-term objectives required to be a center of analytic excellence for Marketing.
- Lead the team efforts in delivering improvements in decision-making and business strategies via advanced analysis including Marketing mix, clustering, segmentation, point estimation, design experiments, etc.
- Work in close collaboration with the Integrated Marketing Performance & Analytics team members and other internal partners to leverage expertise in data management, advanced marketing mix modeling, NPS modeling, scoring, simulation etc., in order to develop key insights.
- Lead the design, implementation and interpretation of advanced multi-factor experiments to evolve testing approaches.
- Present complex statistical concepts and research results to non-statistical audience.
- Help foster a continuous test & learn culture and process - i.e. rapid cycle learning.
- Continually broaden and strengthen knowledge of analytical methods, vendors and tools.
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in analytics across marketing, finance, and strategy; however, related work in the Public Policy, Bio-statistics and Scientific Research industries will be considered.
- Good analytical skills and interpreting quantitative data, constructing marketing mix models, providing clear output to identify trends, interpret findings, draw insights, and formulate recommendations.
- Knowledge of marketing principles and understanding of marketing strategy and mix to inform potential recommended actions.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Ability to successfully identify, prioritize, design, develop, implement and maintain advanced analytical solutions to complex business problems/opportunities.
- Developing solid engagements and partnerships with business partners to facilitate and accelerate the adoption of analytics in decision making.
- Data management, analysis and visualization to realize absolute and incremental commercial gains.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.