Data Science Marketing Strategy ( 584483-1A )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
You are an analytically-driven problem solver looking to join a high profile, high visibility team that powers the identification and continuous monitoring of key Consumer Segment trends. You will partner across the Consumer Marketing Organization to deliver strategic insights and guide executive decision making ranging across Mobile Postpaid, Prepaid, Visible, 5G & LTE home, FiOS, and M+H common customers. You are the expert on all data points and supporting analysis, and are able to present findings and solutions to senior leadership. You’ll be ensuring that analytics drive continuous business improvements, bringing more profitable growth and an even better customer experience.
- Perform ad-hoc, exploratory and targeted data analyses to assess internal and external consumer trends.
- Aggregate and analyze datasets from a wide variety of internal (EDW, TS, self-serve dashboards, etc.) and external (Comlinkdata, Facebook, Census, FCC, and others) data sources.
- Measure and assess the impact of pricing plan changes & inclusions, promotional periods, network performance & rankings, and other major industry altering activities.
- Conduct proactive research & analysis to identify new areas of Consumer growth.
- Utilize Quarterly reported data to create assessments of the competitive landscape and report findings to senior leadership.
- Package and present strategies & insights to senior executives.
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
You enjoy digging into details to make observations and recommendations. You’re able to translate numbers into narratives and tailor your presentation and recommendations to the audience function and level. You understand the bigger picture and set the research in that context to provide comprehensive business-savvy recommendations. You are a trusted business partner and enjoy working with cross functional teams to deliver the best outcomes.
You’ll need to have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Finance or Technology or four or more years of experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience with business intelligence and visualization tools (e.g., Thought spot, Tableau, Alteryx).
Even better if you have:
- MBA or Advanced Degree in Marketing, Finance, Statistics, Economics, Engineering or related discipline.
- Effective communication, presentation and MS PowerPoint skills.
- Experience in SQL; Teradata SQL.
- Ability to quickly learnand using widely available tools and methodologies.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, change tasks quickly and follow through on all projects to the end.
- High level of curiosity and investigative mind-set with an attention to detail.
- Ability and interest in solving problems never before faced with no prior examples to reference for guidance.
- Advanced proficiency in MS Excel and MS PPT.
- Three or more years of experience programming/scripting/coding (SQL, Python, SAS/R).
- Three or more years of experience with business intelligence and visualization tools (e.g., Thoughtspot, Tableau, Alteryx).
- Three or more years managing complex marketing research/consumer insights projects with internal and external partners.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons).