Carrier Sales Representative (Freight Brokerage/Supply Chain)
Carrier Sales Representative (Freight Brokerage/Supply Chain) (Job Number: 2223667 )
The Carrier Sales Representative is primarily responsible for selling, developing & maintaining a portfolio of carriers, and acting as the liaison between the account management and operations teams.
Remote Mon/Wed/Fri and In Office T/Th (Corona, CA location)7/8am and end 4/5pm
- Strategize with Penske Operations and Management team to create a portfolio of carriers for current and prospective business
- Develop an understanding of lane rates utilizing company tools and industry knowledge.
Stay current with researching market trends and seasonality in the freight industry, responding to capacity related challenges by presenting viable solutions to Penske Brokerage operations
- Ensure the carriers understand and meet operational expectations and requirements.
- Work with our carrier partners to help achieve profit margin requirements.
Maintain solid understanding of current market conditions (seasonality) and business.
- Analyze current carrier pricing and service levels to provide recommendations to improve service.
- Develop and assist with presenting carrier analytics, key trends and proposals during Carrier or Customer QBR's
- Develop carrier relationships to effectively support Penske customers.
- Develop and manage a network of outside carriers to ensure adequate capacity for their assigned market.
- Continually review your carriers’ capacity, to identify growth opportunities.
Research new carriers in the marketplace, generating carrier leads, and develop new carrier relationships.
- Address operational issues or service failures directly with the carriers.
- Bachelor's degree or relevant experience required.
- Successful track record of building relationships with stakeholders or customers that have resulted in high customer satisfaction.
- Strong analytical and presentation skills, written/oral communication, and organizational skills.
- Skilled in the operation of MS Office software programs, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, with a high degree of enthusiasm, professionalism, and motivation.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Logistics
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and logistics services to leading companies around the world. Penske Logistics delivers value through its design, planning and execution in transportation, warehousing, and freight management. Visit www.PenskeLogistics.com to learn more.
Work Locations :2280 Wardlow Circle 2280 Wardlow CircleSuite 140
Corona, CA 92880
Primary Location : United States-California-Corona
Job : Logistics/Supply Chain
Penske Oracle Job (US & CA only do not edit): : PL.Carrier Sales Representative
Req ID: 2223667