Associate Director, Provider Marketing Communications - Telecommute in Minnetonka, MN (111634790)
UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
If you are located in Minnetonka, Minnesota, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
The Associate Director, Provider Marketing Communications is a seasoned professional with a proven track record, a driven self-starter, problem solver and someone who is passionate about creating sustained marketing plans and campaigns that generate measureable results. The position requires extensive experience appropriating integrated marketing disciplines, including digital and content strategy, and knowledge of healthcare.
This team leader will use available tools and expertise to develop marketing strategies that support the organization’s strategic provider marketing platform. They will help grow a function and team that will serve a specific provider-facing business line of the organization by planning, creating and executing marketing communications materials and initiatives – through a wide variety of traditional and emerging channels.
- Identify and implement marketing strategies that support building collaborative trust relationships with care providers
- Proactively build relationships with key business partners to ensure marketing and communications needs are identified upfront in program development
- Work with business partners to identify areas to streamline or combine marketing communications efforts, and improve marketing and communications quality and impact through strategic guidance, creative direction and measurement
- Incorporate known research about the needs of primary and secondary audiences to be addressed in the marketing process to optimize the care provider experience
- Help design and develop a KPI and measurement framework that aligns to business goals and maximizes existing channels and platforms
- Support the development and oversight of an agency-model process and tools for serving internal, provider-facing areas of the organization
- Track project activity to ensure that all project deliverables are met and align with KPIs
- Oversee professional staff who implement marketing and communications deliverables, reviewing their plans and materials against brand and messaging standards
- Lead creation of innovative marketing disciplines into a care provider environment, including social media and other digital/emerging mediums
- Expertise in content marketing and channel strategies
- Proficiency with marketing analytics and measurement
- Understanding of marketing research and application of insights to shape strategy
- Ability to develop relationships and influence in a highly matrixed environment
- Mindset of a trusted advisor, able to assess, counsel and ensure alignment and understanding of project scope and KPIs
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 7+ years of corporate or agency marketing experience
- 5+ years developing and implementing strategic marketing plans
- 5+ years proven success managing integrated marketing practices and tools, including some mix of print, digital/social, video, advertising, public relations, experiential
- 3+ years building teams or supervising staff
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Good executive presence
- Marketing or communications experience in health care
- Experience working in highly regulated industries with complex environments and audiences
- Experience working across multiple regions/states for a large organization
- Flexibility in adapting to changing business requirements
- Understanding of social media and digital channels and trends
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 5 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.