External Communications & Marketing Professional -IBM Sustainability
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
We are looking for a communications & marketing professional who will help drive awareness, thought leadership and eminence for IBM’s Sustainability solutions in the market.
As a key member of the Sustainability Marketing & Communications team, you’ll be at the forefront of helping to shape the plans and strategy for one of most exciting areas of growth within IBM. In this role, you’ll work with IBM’s marketing & communications, product, sales, and technical teams across the company to help uncover and tell engaging stories, and develop compelling content about how IBM is helping clients use technology to turn their sustainability ambitions into action.
To succeed in this role, you are passionate about the intersection of technology and sustainability, excited to try new things, detail-oriented, organized and can manage numerous projects simultaneously. You are curious, willing to get in the weeds to simplify technical topics, collaborative and think outside of the box to identify creative ways to tell the story.
- Drive awareness and share of voice for IBM’s Sustainability solutions in the market through proactive storytelling, content creation, and other creative marketing & communications activations.
- Work across IBM to drive bigger picture feature stories for IBM’s work in Sustainability, including software, infrastructure, consulting and more.
- Serve as a trusted marketing & communications advisor and collaborate closely with product management, analyst relations, ecosystem partners and other global IBM marketing & communications team members across IBM Corporate Communications, IBM Research, IBM Infrastructure, IBM Global Markets and IBM Consulting.
- Work cross functionally and with agency partners to lead high impact launches and product announcements from start to finish, proactively drive media coverage and thought leadership for IBM’s sustainability strategy and key leaders.
- Coordinate communications activities during relevant tech industry, partner and competitor events.
- Build strategic relationships with journalists and other industry influencers to drive proactive opportunities for IBM. Work with reporters to manage time-sensitive reactive inquiries.
- Translate complex technical concepts into compelling, fact-based narratives for business and industry vertical media. Produce well written, simple marketing & communications materials including press releases, blog posts, talking points, key messages, sponsored content, FAQs, video scripts, speaking/panel scripts, and more.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 7+ years of experience in marketing & communications, journalism or content creation, ideally in the enterprise technology and/or sustainability sectors.
- Strong project management skills and a team player– someone equally willing to ask for help, delegate assignments or roll up their sleeves to get the job done.
- An existing understanding or ability to quickly develop a deep understanding of enterprise technology, including data, AI, cloud and more.
- Knowledge of key trends in sustainability as it relates to technology - key issues, events, regulations, engagement channels and stakeholder segmentation.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills. The ability to translate complex technical concepts into compelling, fact-based narratives and storylines for a broad array of channels across paid, owned and earned media.
- Ability to think proactively, plan, and execute on multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment and across multiple teams and time zones.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Storytelling and research skills – someone who can work with technical and product management leaders to identify and build storylines that position IBM as a leader in helping clients use technology to turn their sustainability ambition into action, while connecting to trends that help consumers and society.
- Ability to identify and develop compelling, engaging content that demonstrates IBM’s leadership in providing clients with the most complete portfolio of Sustainability solutions.
- Ability to build cross-functional relationships with internal communications professionals, analyst relations professionals, product marketing, product management and engineering, legal and corporate communications to execute high impact marketing and communications campaigns.
- Strong knowledge of technology/sustainability reporters and key industry influencers.
About Business Unit
Your Life @ IBM
Being an IBMer means you’ll be able to learn and develop yourself and your career, you’ll be encouraged to be courageous and experiment everyday, all whilst having continuous trust and support in an environment where everyone can thrive whatever their personal or professional background.
Our IBMers are growth minded, always staying curious, open to feedback and learning new information and skills to constantly transform themselves and our company. They are trusted to provide on-going feedback to help other IBMers grow, as well as collaborate with colleagues keeping in mind a team focused approach to include different perspectives to drive exceptional outcomes for our customers. The courage our IBMers have to make critical decisions everyday is essential to IBM becoming the catalyst for progress, always embracing challenges with resources they have to hand, a can-do attitude and always striving for an outcome focused approach within everything that they do.
Are you ready to be an IBMer?
This job requires you to provide your COVID-19 vaccination status with supporting documentation, where legally permissible.
- Healthcare benefits including medical & prescription drug coverage, dental, vision, and mental health & well being
- Financial programs such as 401(k), the IBM Employee Stock Purchase Plan, financial counseling, life insurance, short & long- term disability coverage, and opportunities for performance based salary incentive programs
- Generous paid time off including 12 holidays, minimum 56 hours sick time, 120 hours vacation, 12 weeks parental bonding leave in accordance with IBM Policy, and other Paid Care Leave programs. IBM also offers paid family leave benefits to eligible employees where required by applicable law
- Training and educational resources on our personalized, AI-driven learning platform where IBMers can grow skills and obtain industry-recognized certifications to achieve their career goals
- Diverse and inclusive employee resource groups, giving & volunteer opportunities, and discounts on retail products, services & experiences
The compensation range and benefits for this position are based on a full-time schedule for a full calendar year. The salary will vary depending on your job-related skills, experience and location. Pay increment and frequency of pay will be in accordance with employment classification and applicable laws. For part time roles, your compensation and benefits will be adjusted to reflect your hours. Benefits may be pro-rated for those who start working during the calendar year.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Being You @ IBM