2024 Internship - IBM Marketing & Communications Intern - Austin, TX
Uncover and transform insights into creative experiences that matter to your customers. Make every touchpoint an opportunity to engage. As a Marketing and Communications Intern at IBM, you will create stories that cut through noise and have an impact on your audience. You'll work with speed, adaptability and creativity to position IBM as a transformation partner and drive demand.
Your Role and Responsibilities
START AND END DATES FOR THIS INTERNSHIP ARE DURING THE SUMMER 2024 (3 months)
Are you passionate about the IBM brand, data, and creating game changing marketing and communications campaigns? Are you looking for an internship experience that will immerse you in a fast-paced, innovative environment where you can make an impact? Do you want to deepen core marketing and analytical skills? If so, we want to hear from you! IBM is seeking the next generation of creative individuals with a hunger for innovation and a passion for marketing and communications to join our team.
As a Marketing and Communications Intern, you’ll work collaboratively, as part of an intern team, on a project that addresses a strategic IBM Marketing or Communications business challenge. In addition to the project, the internship includes educational, networking, and social activities. Between project work and intern programming, you'll get to touch a variety of areas within marketing and communications. At the end of the 10-week program, you'll have the opportunity to showcase your final outcomes to a large audience of leaders and practitioners across the organization. This is a highly visible intern program with leadership exposure and mentorship throughout the summer.
Intern projects can span many areas of our Marketing and Communications function, including Brand Marketing, Content Marketing, Social, Demand Generation, External Communications, Field Marketing, and Product Marketing. Previous intern projects have included:
- Brand Marketing: Creating a long-term, omni-channel marketing strategy for IBM's branded podcast, Smart Talks with IBM hosted by Malcom Gladwell.
- External Communications: Developing social media recommendations for the promotion of IBM events and financial communications on LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube.
- Ecosystem Marketing: Producing recommendations and an implementation strategy to increase the external and internal awareness of the IBM Partner Ecosystem.
These Summer Intern positions are located in Austin, TX.
IBM will not be providing Visa sponsorship for these positions now or in the future. Therefore, to be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future Visa sponsorship.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Currently enrolled in an accredited University
- Available for an internship in Summer 2024
- Rising College Senior for 2024-2025 school year
- Passionate about Marketing, Communications, or related field
- Strong communications skills
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Problem Solving and Analytical Skills
- Project Management Skills
- Basic knowledge of Brand Marketing, Storytelling, or Advertising
- Audience Segmentation / Targeting, Customer Journey, and Demand Generation
- Social Media Content Strategy Development and Execution
- Marketing Campaign Development and Sales
- Basic knowledge of Communications, Journalism, or Public Relations
About Business Unit
Your Life @ IBM
Being an IBMer means you’ll be able to learn and develop yourself and your career, you’ll be encouraged to be courageous and experiment everyday, all whilst having continuous trust and support in an environment where everyone can thrive whatever their personal or professional background.
Our IBMers are growth minded, always staying curious, open to feedback and learning new information and skills to constantly transform themselves and our company. They are trusted to provide on-going feedback to help other IBMers grow, as well as collaborate with colleagues keeping in mind a team focused approach to include different perspectives to drive exceptional outcomes for our customers. The courage our IBMers have to make critical decisions everyday is essential to IBM becoming the catalyst for progress, always embracing challenges with resources they have to hand, a can-do attitude and always striving for an outcome focused approach within everything that they do.
Are you ready to be an IBMer?
The compensation range and benefits for this position are based on a full-time schedule for a full calendar year. The salary will vary depending on your job-related skills, experience and location. Pay increment and frequency of pay will be in accordance with employment classification and applicable laws. For part time roles, your compensation and benefits will be adjusted to reflect your hours. Benefits may be pro-rated for those who start working during the calendar year.
IBM will not be providing visa sponsorship for this position now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Being You @ IBM