NBI Pricing and Monetization Strategy Senior Consultant
Are you looking for an organization with startup spirit or enterprise strength? Now you can have both! We are looking for talented individuals with an innovative mindset, passion for helping emerging technologies enter new markets, and a go-to-market strategy skillset to be an advisor to our innovation teams.
We are currently seeking a strategically-minded individual who will collaborate with Deloitte Consulting's core practice to commercialize and scale new technology-enabled offering ideas in exciting areas such as AI, Cloud, Blockchain, the Future of Health, and others.
Work you'll do
You will play a critical role in the overall strategy of the company, helping to bring new hybrid businesses our clients. You will become an expert in offering, monetization, and pricing strategy and will advise the Deloitte Consulting leaders responsible for building and selling the most transformative hybrid offerings.
• Develop innovative offering, monetization, and pricing strategies for portfolio of Deloitte Hybrid Businesses and cloud-based, software solutions and technology assets
• Advise senior Deloitte executives on strategic implications of business model, monetization, and pricing choices to inform long term vision and strategy of offerings
• Support strategic deal constructs, to advise pursuit leaders on best way to structure and price products and solutions to be win-win for the client and Deloitte
• Maintain pulse on prevailing/winning internal and external pricing approaches, monetization trends, and offering types / benchmarks
• Drive or support additional strategic initiatives to develop, grow, and mature the New Business Innovation group and Consulting's overall hybrid offering business model
• Develop broad business incubation skills through support of companion Centers of Expertise in Market Strategy, Business Architecture, and Ecosystem Strategy
New Business Innovation (NBI) is a group within Deloitte Consulting responsible for incubating and scaling new technology-enabled breakthrough ideas that address our clients' most pressing business challenges.
The Hybrid Business Design (HBD) team within NBI directly influences Consulting's biggest investments in hybrid businesses from incubate and launch through scale execution. There are four Centers of Excellence (CoEs) that comprise the HBD team, including:
• Business Architecture
• Market Strategy
• Pricing, Monetization, and Business Case Strategy
• Ecosystem Strategy & Curation
• Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance, Marketing, Economics, Engineering, or a related field, MBA preferred
• 4-6 years of relevant experience in strategic pricing, commercial/competitive/product strategy, venture capital, private equity, or strategy/pricing consulting
• Proven experience in developing and executing commercialization / go-to-market strategies and programs in the technology industry while addressing business issues that target C-suite, executive and board-level audiences
• Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.
• Ability to successfully partner with internal senior stakeholders from various parts of the organization, with varying degrees of technical aptitude, and drive successful outcomes cross-functionally
• Ability to absorb and recollect a large amount of detail and provide audience-specific context to drive efficient outcome focused meetings
• Experience collecting voice-of-the customer data to validate monetization strategy
• Superior messaging capabilities, particularly related to conveying complex business issues, value/pricing constructs, and/or industry trends in a clear, concise, and impactful style
• Experience interfacing effectively with all levels of management in a work environment in which priorities are frequently shifting
• Excellent executive presence, meeting facilitation, problem-solving, and business judgment skills
• Outstanding verbal communications skills
• Proactive, detail-oriented and flexible
• Strong organizational skills, including project management experience
• Executes with urgency (startup time)
• Team player, who is diplomatic, savvy and has a high level of emotional maturity
• Open to travel as needed (up to 20%)