State Income and Franchise Tax Senior Consultant - DENVER (14195)
- Performing a detailed technical review of partnership and corporate state tax returns and work papers with attention to multistate tax issues such as apportionment, state modifications, nexus, unitary filings, and flow-through taxation.
- Coordinating with an in-house tax preparation team within Deloitte and with the clients' tax department.
- Performing detailed review of estimated payment and withholding calculations and related filings.
- Researching state tax legislation and assisting with impact on compliance.
- Assisting with various tax consulting projects including research and writing projects related to tax planning, restructuring, due diligence, audit defense, and accounting for income taxes.
- Assisting with engagement workflow management and supervising tax consultants and interns on assigned engagements.
Deloitte's Multistate Tax Services (MTS) group is the largest State and Local Tax (SALT) practice in the United States with more than 1,000 professionals nationwide. Our Multistate Tax professionals include former state tax auditors and administrators, industry personnel, tax practitioners, accounting specialists, and technology personnel with numerous years of multistate tax experience. Collectively, our team has significant experience with the requirements and nuances of jurisdictions in all 50 states. Our specific services include state income and franchise tax, indirect tax, business restructuring, credits and incentives, sales and use tax outsourcing, excise tax, property tax, state strategic tax review, and state tax controversy.
- 2+ years' experience in state income and franchise tax
- Preparation and review experience of state income and franchise tax returns
- Experience with state tax planning, tax research, and tax analysis
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or related field
- CPA certification if qualified to sit for the CPA; if not qualified, licensed attorney, Enrolled Agent, or other appropriate certification(or in the process of obtaining)
- Excellent research and writing skills
- Excellent presentation and communications skills
- Supervisory experience
- Limited immigration sponsorship may be available
- Travel up to 20% (While 20% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non essential travel has been suspended until further notice).
- Advanced degree such as Masters of Tax or JD and/or LLM
- Previous Big 4 or large CPA firm experience
For individuals assigned and/or hired to work in Colorado, Deloitte is required by law to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. This compensation range is specific to the State of Colorado and takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and delivery model. We would not anticipate that the individual hired into this role would land at or near the top end of the range, but such a decision will be dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the range is $65,800 to $122,200.