Credit and Collections Consultant ( 599294-1A )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
Continuous improvement is what we are all about and you will play a significant role in developing strategies that will make us better. For us to succeed in our highly competitive industry, it’s important that we turn our bills into revenue. As a subject matter expert, you’ll be improving our collection processes and systems in order to improve the customer experience, reduce our debt, and protect our assets.
- Developing and implementing initiatives focused on improving our collection processes, reducing bad debt and churn, while also improving the customer experience.
- Providing strategic recommendations on complex processes or issues that contribute to improving operational metrics.
- Partnering with internal partners to develop requirements for new processes and initiatives in support of organizational self-service strategies.
- Participating in user acceptance testing activities associated with new or modified systems.
- Fielding issues from internal customers or delivery partners and responding to customer inquiries.
Where you'll be working...
This hybrid role will have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days as set by the manager.
What we’re looking for...
You’re customer focused and enjoy looking at issues through a consumer’s lens. Highly organized, you manage projects on time and on budget. You’re a great teammate and understand the importance of providing regular status updates to all partners. Since you’re highly analytical, you constantly come up with operational improvements and are motivated by the impact you have on the business. You thrive in an environment where you are managing multiple projects in a fast-paced, changing environment.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Experience working in a collection support call center.
- Degree in Accounting, Finance or Economics.
- Experience with creating complex queries and reporting tools.
- Experience working with financial, accounting and collection support systems.
- Experience of electronic customer self-serve support applications.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical, religious, or state law recognized reasons).