Associate Director - Accurate Diagnosis, Documentation and Coding Clinical Consultant - Telecommute (106431210)
UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
As an Accurate Diagnosis, Documentation and Coding (ADDC) clinical consultant, you’ll be part of an innovative team that provides clinical expertise and education to the Value Based Care and Population Health Division. This position will be responsible for the development, implementation, and ongoing management of a national comprehensive ADDC clinical model and standardized training program focused on ADDC clinical practice transformation for all LOB. This includes supporting over 150 field-based population health employees including orientation and mentoring for all new field team members and engagement and training of market level CMO’s across all lines of business who support the Value Based Care and Population Health program as well as ensuring existing staff are kept updated of new clinical programs and key clinical initiatives and tactics.
This United Clinical Services role is part of the VBC and Population Health Management team which aligns population health management programs, improves medical / behavioral / social care integration, and shares analytics with providers, to drive quality and affordability in VBC provider practices.
We are looking for a critical thinking, dynamic, high-energy individual who loves to work collaboratively to assist in development of practice capabilities in population health management and in support of value-based contracts.
You'll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- In collaboration with the Director, support the development, implementation, and ongoing management of the Accurate Diagnosis, Documentation, and Coding clinical quality program focused on clinical practice transformation for value base care programs.
- Creates, facilitates, and delivers high quality training appropriate to the adult learner in a virtual setting
- Provides orientation for all new field team members and CMO’s across all lines of business who support the Value Based Care and Population Health program as well as ensuring existing staff are kept updated of new and refreshed clinical programs as well as key clinical initiatives and tactics
- Provides regular feedback to new hires and management on their proficiency and performance during training
- Provides coaching support as appropriate
- Collaborates with field team and matrix partners on development of innovative solutions to help move providers along the risk continuum to enable more affordable care, better outcomes, and better patient satisfaction
- Ensures all new initiatives, policies and procedures, guidelines or other necessary updates are incorporated into educational program
- Assists leadership with problem-solving training
- Establish effective working relationships with all levels of staff and leadership
- Creates new and enhances ongoing training content as assigned including presentations, job aids, activities, and assessments
- Make independent decisions to adapt training to the adult learners needs as required
- Influences or provides input on clinical initiatives
- Evaluates effectiveness of learning material and provides feedback, recommendations, and action plans - continuous quality improvement
- Identifies the need for and conducts preceptor training to ensure training needs are met
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Nursing Degree - BSN or related healthcare bachelor’s degree
- Current Certified Risk Adjustment Coder certification with 2+ years of experience
- 5+ years of healthcare experience to include experience in a healthcare administration, managed care setting, hospital setting and/or physician practice setting
- Knowledge of ACO practice transformation and population health management
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint with the ability to navigate a Windows environment
- Compliant with all UHC policies and procedures, HIPAA/patient privacy policies, and external regulatory and compliance bodies
- Additional business or public health degree
- Experience supporting change management with documentation and coding
- Self-disciplined, energetic, passionate, innovative
- Team player who displays proficiency and confidence in collaboration and communication with internal and external partners
- Demonstrates sound judgment, decision-making, and problem-solving skills; the ability to systematically analyze problems, draw relevant conclusions and devise appropriate courses of action
- Highly organized and strong oral and written communication skills with strong attention to detail
- Superior relationship building skills with clinical and non-clinical personnel
- Solid emotional intelligence
- Ability to prioritize, plan, and handle multiple tasks and demands simultaneously
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 5 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $97,300 to $176,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $97,300 to $176,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/AffirmativSe Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected bylower 48 law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.