Sourcing and Procurement Consultant - Minnetonka, MN or Telecommute (106941006)
UnitedHealth Group is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
We are seeking a strategic sourcing professional with the ability to support best in class sourcing processes for Enterprise Sourcing and Procurement area. This position requires the ability to effectively manage competitive events (RFx) through continuous improvements in a rapidly changing environment. The ideal candidate will have strong background in strategic sourcing along with ability to facilitate ongoing improvements to the end-to-end processes, drive value from sourcing activities, and demonstrate advanced knowledge of the sourcing platform. This role requires excellent communication skills within various levels of the organizations to drive value, report results, and influence change.
Telecommute considered in the U.S. If you are located in the Minneapolis, MN area, this is a hybrid in-office/telecommute position.
- Support strategic sourcing events, including Request for Proposals, Request for Information, Auctions
- Project manage sourcing events end-to-end assuming the leading role in each project as a true subject matter expert of the sourcing process and tool
- Assume accountability of event timelines and communicate with all stakeholders regularly
- Provide best in class sourcing experience for suppliers, category managers, and business stakeholders through excellent communications, consistent experience, efficient processes, and value add sourcing activities
- Assist in evaluation of supplier proposals by all internal stakeholders
- Leverage technical and functional capabilities within the sourcing platform to support sourcing events, reporting, supplier experience
- Leverage Outlook and Teams for communication with event stakeholders
- Collaborate with Supplier Diversity team to ensure diverse suppliers are included in sourcing events in support of Enterprise Sourcing & Procurement diversity goals
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of experience in sourcing & procurement or operations or project management/coordination
- Experience with process development, process improvements, and documentation
- Experience working with cross-functional teams
- Experience interfacing with multiple levels of management
- Proficient in MS Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Contracting & negotiation experience
- Sourcing platform experience
- Background in supplier Sourcing, including Request for Proposals, Request for Information, Auctions
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers at UnitedHealth Group. We have modest goals: Improve the lives of others. Change the landscape of health care forever. Leave the world a better place than we found it. Such aspirations tend to attract a certain type of person. Crazy talented. Compassionate. Driven. To these select few, we offer the global reach, resources and can-do culture of a Fortune 5 company. We provide an environment where you're empowered to be your best. We encourage you to take risks. And we offer a world of rewards and benefits for performance. We believe the most important is the opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.