Healthcare IT Project and Marketing Consultant - Telecommute with 25% travel (108609226)
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
As an Advisory Services Consultant, you'll provide people, process, and technology consulting services to strengthen and improve health care operations that result in stronger financial returns and a healthier health care system. You'll use your strong business and marketing acumen to work closely with clients to define, develop and implement business requirements to ensure needs are captured and critical deliveries are executed. This consulting career gives you the opportunity to share in a mission that inspires. You'll see your ideas come to life and your achievements recognized. You won’t find more interesting challenges.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within United States as you take on some tough challenges.
- Core Consulting Skills:
- Collaborate with business and technology departments to define deliverables and develop solutions that are reusable across the organization
- Create written and oral communication artifacts that effectively summarize findings, support fact - based recommendations and provides appropriate detail to substantiate conclusions
- Conduct research studies that may include collecting, analyzing, trending, and presenting data and recommendations to management
- Present and evaluate design solutions objectively and facilitate conflict resolution within teams
- Clearly communicate design solutions, requirements, status updates and outcomes to all stakeholders and varying levels of the organization
- Work closely with business teams to strategize solutions that support long term business objectives
- Lead and mentor other Consultants
- Perform marketing related activities associated with supporting products, services and business operations; such as creating marketing campaigns, developing marketing collateral, target persona and journey mapping, CRM & data strategies, content management, marketing automation, product marketing, digital marketing, market research, account-based marketing, and end to end campaign management
- Project Based Roles:
- Perform minor project management duties including the creation of status reports, work plans, and presentations to client leadership
- Identify and document business process re – engineering opportunities including current and future state process flows
- Define, develop and document business requirements / user stories to ensure clients' needs are captured and delivered
- Work closely with Developers, Quality Assurance Analysts, Architects, Business Partners, and other Technology teams to ensure requirements / user stories and design are completely understood
- Assist in quality assurance and user acceptance testing by writing test scripts, executing test cases, and documenting defects (e.g. test case development; active participation and oral communication through defect triaging, use of application lifecycle management tools through code promotion)
- Participate in all Agile ceremonies (standup, sprint planning, retrospective, release planning)
- Act as the liaison between project stakeholders across business and technology groups
Limited travel is required for this role (less than 25% on average over a year’s time but may involve Monday through Thursday travel for multiple concurrent weeks to satisfy specific client project requirements). Consultants who are not local to an Optum office facility work from a home office when not at the client site.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 2+ years of experience in any of the following areas: Business Analysis, Systems Analysis, Project Management, Business Process Improvement, Data Analysis AND/ OR 2+ years of experience in all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) / System Development Life Cycle
- 2+ years marketing related experience such as marketing campaigns, target persona and journey mapping, CRM & data strategies, content management, marketing automation, product marketing, digital marketing, market research, account-based marketing, and end to end campaign management
- 2+ years of building / creating project deliverables with the ability to manage complex work - streams
- Proficient with MS Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint
- Based in Minneapolis area of Minnesota or ability to relocate at own expense to Minnesota or ability to travel up to 25%
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
- Military experience in any branch of the U.S. Armed Forces
- Healthcare experience
- Experience in Digital Health and/or Consumer Digital products or services development and/or management
- Experience in consumer driven and designed products and services – ideally healthcare related
- Experience in all phases of Agile, Scrum, and other Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies
- Experience in a Management Consulting / Professional Consulting organization
- Experience translating business requirements into a detailed system specification
- Experience facilitating Joint Application Design (JAD) sessions
- Experience working in an Agile environment or familiarity with Agile methodology
- Experience working with test plans and test cases
- Experience with the following tools / applications: SAS, SQL, Tableau, JIRA, CA Agile, Aha!, Workfront, Power BI
- Experience working in a product development / management environment
- Document new APIs / Services and modify existing ones after evaluating the following: user stories, business requirements, high level design documents and database models
- Ability to work in highly technical and matrixed fast - paced environment
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $66,100 to $118,300. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $72,800 to $129,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Senior Healthcare IT Project and Marketing Consultant, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Work From Home, Work At Home, Remote