Fraud and Risk Program Consultant ( 603522-1B )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
Our Fraud Strategy team is responsible for the implementation and oversight of Fraud controls to reduce losses, improve call center efficiencies, and improve the customer experience. As a Fraud and Risk Program Manager,you will be a Subject Matter Expert that leverages data to assess and mitigate Fraud risks. You will have extensive knowledge of collecting, analyzing and interpreting data from multiple sources to make informed business decisions. You will maintain strong collaborative partnerships with our stakeholders.
- Performing data/statistical analysis and other techniques to assess the effectiveness of system controls or processes to minimize and prevent fraud losses.
- Providinginsight into Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) as they relate to fraud loss, customer friction, and risk/reward economics.
- Working with cross-functional teams (Business Analytics, Operations, Network, and Compliance) to identify new and emerging threats.
- Ensuring new products are assessed for fraud risks and effective controls are implemented to mitigate risk.
- Partnering with various business units (Sales, Customer Service, Digital Operations, IT, Corporate Security, Compliance, and Network Groups) to reduce fraud while improving customer experience.
- Developing detailed action plans including alarm modifications, policy recommendations, process improvements, and system enhancements.
- Tactical and strategic end-to-end project implementation is required and will include UAT planning, process change review, training, and communications.
- Partnering with the Project Management team to create new user stories and prioritize appropriately to meet the needs of the business. This includes working with 3rd party vendors, Sales, Operations, Analytics, IT, Channel partners, and Network.
- Preparingand delivering executive-level presentations communicating risks, mitigation efforts, and potential impacts to senior management.
- Communicating accurate and appropriate results and improvement recommendations for senior management in a timely manner.
- Monitoring management’s improvement actions.
- Developing a working knowledge of wireless operations, capital/value stream process, and Fraud Center operations.
Where you'll be working…
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
You're experienced with designing and implementing complex solutions and analytics to assess risks and routine monitoring. You're able to meet deadlines, complete important time-sensitive tasks, and adapt quickly to last-minute changes. Your negotiation and communication skills are top notch, and you're able to work effectively both individually and in a team environment. Your critical thinking abilties enable you to succeed in a dynamic and changing environment.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- MBA or other advanced degrees.
- Three or more years of experience in finance, risk management, statistics, and project management.
- Three or more years of experience andproficiency in analytical tools such as Tableau, Clik, SQL, Advanced Excel/Sheets, etc..
- Project management experience.
- Ability to handle multiple projects concurrently leveraging organization and time-management skills.
- Knowledge of statistics, reporting, and analytical tools (Tableau, Cognos, SQL) with the ability to perform in-depth analyses of large datasets to identify anomalies.
- Knowledge in Excel/Sheets and Slides/PowerPoint for analytics and presentation.
- Previous Risk Management or Fraud experience.
- Data visualization experience.
- Ability to design enhancements.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
NYC candidates: Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for onsite and hybrid NYC roles. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons). Additional information will be provided during the hiring process.