Financial Statement and Reporting Consultant - hybrid in Minnetonka, MN (111022271)
UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
We don't just aspire to help people live healthier lives, we have the know-how to help make it a reality for millions. As a Financial Consultant, you'll work with an elite team of accounting and finance professionals who are writing the history of our organization and guiding our success as a global industry leader. That's a lot of responsibility, but you will have the support and resources of a Fortune 6 industry leader behind you every step of the way.
As a Financial Statement and Reporting Consultant you will be an integral part of a team responsible for execution and management of our provider incentive programs known as Additional Compensation Programs (ACP). You will be part of system setup and maintenance; incentive reporting, calculation and distribution; and incentive research and reconciliation. Our Financial Consultant will be the involved in the processes around the reporting, calculation, and distribution of incentive payments. This includes direct involvement and analysis in areas such as provider income statements, month end close process, and payment documentation including preparation and submission of payment requests.
This role can be hybrid/partial telecommute based in Minnetonka, MN.
- Develop, perform and manage the analyses of business and financial metrics as well as performance measures
- Develop and maintain financial reports to clearly communicate actual results, forecasted performance, and variances to plan, forecast and budget
- Develop, perform and manage all aspects of financial planning, budgeting and forecasting
- Work closely with the business to develop, recommend and establish strategies, plans, and processes to improve profitability and cost efficiencies
You'll have access to the most comprehensive data in the world. You'll need every bit of your knowledge and skill to sift through it and find the trends that tell the story.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 4+ years of professional level experience in Excel
- 4+ years of experience with MS office
- 2+ years of financial operations experience
- 2+ years of financial experience working collaboratively and influence across a matrix environment
- 1+ years of financial reporting experience
- Proven experience driving business performance in a high growth environment
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance
- Bachelor's degree in accounting
- Experience with VBA
- Experience in Medicare and/or the healthcare insurance industry
- Experience incentive or commission processes and systems
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Medicare & Retirement. The Boomer generation is the fastest growing market segment in health care. And we are the largest business in the nation dedicated to serving their unique health and well-being needs. Up for the challenge of a lifetime? Join a team of the best and the brightest to find bold new ways to proactively improve the health and quality of life of these 9 million customers. You'll find a wealth of dynamic opportunities to grow and develop as we work together to heal and strengthen our health care system. Ready? It's time to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.