WGME CBS 13/WPFO FOX 23 in Portland, Maine we don’t just respect creativity, we cherish it. Through effective TV and digital advertising, you have the power to transform human behavior and help our client’s brands discover the roles in people’s lives. We are currently seeking a enthusiastic, highly motivated Marketing Consultant to join our award-winning sales team. Someone who will meet or exceed revenue goals by designing creative client campaigns that drive desired business results.
Your responsibilities include:
- Outside sales calls and prospecting for customers through lead generation
- Retaining current business and developing new business contacts
- Establish trusting relationships with clients, community and Sinclair and meet all commitments with adequate preparation, delivery and follow-through
- Present marketing/advertising ideas to area businesses
- Sell commercial advertising time and digital products to local advertisers
- Attain budgeted revenue goals through effective sales solutions, promotions and service
- Build and enhance sales skills, to include effective story-telling, prospecting and relationship-building, negotiation and closing
- Understand the business objectives and advertising strategies of clients and find ways to help them achieve their objectives
- Strong organizational, written and presentation skills
- Competitive, energetic and self-starter
- Ability to overcome objections
- Outside media sales experience preferred but not required
- An excellent understanding of TV and media plans, advertising marketplace and key competition
- Enjoy a fast-paced environment with a desire to win
- Professional appearance a must
- Experience in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint required.
- Reliable transportation, a valid driver’s license and a good driving record
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. Also, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, our own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open-door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let’s talk.