Consultant Product Marketing ( 581336-1B )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is a leading provider of technology, communications, information and entertainment products, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our ambition and united in our shared purpose to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
Visible & You
Named one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies and "Best Telecom Brand" in Adweek’s Challenger Brand Awards, Visible is on a mission to reimagine what wireless should be: simple, accessible, and inclusive. Visible is the first all-digital wireless carrier in the US, which means we provide exquisite service and focus on making everything about wireless easy. We have no stores, no call centers, and no paper bills, which allows us to pass our savings to our members. We have built our member experience around communities and challenging the traditional family plan model in the industry - and we’re having a lot of fun doing it.
Visible is a division of Verizon, but operates uniquely inside the larger entity, taking all the best elements of startup scrappiness - disruption, innovation, and culture - while leveraging the assets and benefits of the larger corporation’s backing. No single day feels the same at Visible. If you’re someone who’d thrive in this entrepreneurial environment and embraces the challenge of delivering the best experience to our members in the simplest ways (knowing that simple requires a lot of work behind-the-scenes), check us out at https://visible.com. We are Visible.
Visible is a division of Verizon and powered by Verizon’s award-winning networks, but operates uniquely inside the larger entity. A “startup with suspenders” - taking all the best elements of startup scrappiness with a mind toward disruption, innovation, and culture, and leveraging the assets and benefits of the larger corporation’s backing. We like to think of it as the best of both worlds. Much like we are remaking wireless in blending the lines between prepaid and postpaid, and between the value and premium markets.
In this hybrid role, you'll work from home with occasional in-person training and meetings. We are hiring in the following locations: Denver CO, Dallas TX, Alpharetta GA, Basking Ridge NJ and New York City.
Promo/ Offer Strategy & Management team is designed to focus on the end to end management over Visible promotions and offers in market. They own the strategic vision, implementation, lifecycle management and integration with other offers/ features ensuring alignment with the overall brand and value proposition, fraud mitigation tactics and customer experience. The team will manage the full experience and integration of all workflows partnering with cross functional leads. They will drive bottom up data driven recommendations as well as adapt to top down requirements from executive leadership.
This role will be responsible for implementation strategy, execution, retrospective and post promo analysis for Visible promotions & offers. This role will also focus on current and future capabilities of the promo administration framework, determining enhancements to functionality, defining requirements and partnering with product and engineering teams to execute new builds.
- Work closely with various teams to ensure timely delivery for promo & offer initiatives.
- Partner closely across the promo team to design and implement promotional offers based on industry/ competitor trends and target audience insights as well as previous promo offer performance.
- Assist with competitive research to understand how competitors deliver promotions in the marketplace and determine new opportunities for Visible to explore.
- You can weigh competing priorities, manage tradeoffs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with stakeholders, driving to consensus while maintaining a clear focus on overarching business priorities.
- Monitor and report metrics/performance associated with all initiatives.
- Review metrics to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Promotion infrastructure & engineering architecture direction
- Requirements gathering and development/ QA support
- Provide critical and timely insights to inform, improve, and streamline analysis and promo processes, with focus on the customer experience
- Lead cross functional team execution including finance and budget analysis, OEM partnerships, contract management, logistics fulfillment, legal disclosures, site and Brand updates, Customer Support and Customer messaging, and data reporting
- Daily operations management throughout promo lifecycle (process, logistics, orchestrate internal resource support needs)
- Document and maintain the promo guidelines, rules, and documentation (SOPs/ Playbooks)
- Execute price changes, SKU updates and changes for device & accessory promotions across all digital channels.
- Issue escalation & resolution of any promo related issues
- Ongoing training & communicating needs with the L&D team
What we’re looking for...
You will need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Strong analytical skills: Able to create, track and analyze data, determine conclusions, and take actionable, sustainable business recommendations.
Even better if you have:
- Detail-oriented and have strong communication and team building skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Solid organization and planning skillsSelf-motivated, eager to learn and thrive in a collaborative environment & capable of adapting quickly to changing priorities.
- Excellent problem solving skills, with a strong emphasis on the development of frameworks and processes that can be scaled and/or automated.
- Excellent relationship building skills, including the capacity to predict and manage behavior, build and leverage cross-functional partnerships within and outside of the organization, and leverage influential leadership.
- Candidates must demonstrate creativity for promo development, and a strong knowledge of the wireless marketplace.
- High proficiency with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and G-Suite products.
- Working presentation skills to effectively present information to an audience of varying responsibility across internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience in marketing and finance-related roles, such as market research, financial analysis, pricing, product marketing, or strategic planning desired.
- Experience in the wireless or telecommunications industry.
- Familiarity with Jira, Asana and Slack workflows.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.