Associate Director - Clinical Pharmacology and Pharmacometrics, Oncology (R1552932-en-us)
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
Associate Director, Clinical Pharmacology and Pharmacometrics, Oncology
The Clinical Pharmacology and Pharmacometrics (CP&P) team at BMS is responsible for the pharmacology and pharmacometric support for all pipeline assets throughout the clinical development lifecycle. Composed of pharmacologists, pharmacometricians, data scientists and modelers, this group oversees the pharmacokinetic evaluation, pharmacometric exposure-response evaluation, quantitative systems pharmacology modeling, physiologically based pharmacokinetic modeling and model based meta-analysis of assets covering all therapeutic modalities, including small molecules, traditional and complex biologics and next gen cell therapies. All therapeutic areas are supported.
The CP&P team interacts with discovery and translational scientists, project leadership, early and late clinical development teams and commercial colleagues to provide input on clinical pharmacology profiling, dose optimization, formulation bridging, and combination strategies to enable faster and more effective drug development informed by core scientific principals and data.
We are seeking a prospective candidate in the Oncology therapeutic area, in Lawrenceville, New Jersey
Please Note: This position may be filled at the Associate Director level or Senior Research Investigator level depending on the incumbent’s experience, skills and capabilities determined through the interview process.
- Independently contribute to compound development across various development phases
- Represent Clin Pharm on asset teams and at governance meetings based on proficiency
- Provide input to Phase 2/3 clinical study design and registrational strategy
- Accountable for the Clinical Pharmacology Plan
- Lead design of clinical pharmacology studies and manages data analysis, interpretation, and reporting
- High proficiency in PK, PK/PD, and model informed drug development (MIDD) principles and analyses
- Collaborate on cross-functional drug development teams, and regulatory submissions; serves as Clinical Pharmacology subject matter expert
- Lead and participate in departmental initiatives and represent CP&P on cross-functional initiatives / workstreams / taskforces
- Participate in interactions with health authorities; serves as Clinical Pharmacology subject matter expert
- Provide critical expertise to Business Development teams to assess external acquisitions
- Advanced Degree in related field (MS, Ph.D. or PharmD)
- For Associate Director, Ph.D./PharmD with approximately 5+ years of experience with demonstrated progression in clinical pharmacology and pharmacometrics. With M.S. degree, 10 years experience with demonstrated progression in clinical pharmacology and pharmacometrics
- For Senior Research Investigator, Ph.D/PharmD. with approximately 2+ years of experience with demonstrated progression in clinical pharmacology and pharmacometrics.. With M.S. Degree, 8 years experience with demonstrated progression in clinical pharmacology and pharmacometrics.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a dynamic team-oriented environment
- Expertise in general drug development
- Expertise in small molecule and/or biologic drug property characterization
- Demonstrated stakeholder management with strong influence/leadership
- Quantitative data analysis, POP PK/PD, and data visualization skills
- Programming experience (e.g., NONMEN, Phoenix NLME, Monolix, R, WinNonlin, SAS, Splus etc.)
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is an essential job function of this role which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application or if you are applying to a role based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico and you believe that you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, during or any part of the recruitment process, please direct your inquiries to email@example.com. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.