Director Portfolio Strategy and Growth - Telecommute (107621563)
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Director Portfolio Strategy & Growth will lead the Automation, Transformation and Reimagination (ART) portfolio team of teams and coordinate with our Optum Global Advantage (OGA) Success Partners and other OGA segments to deliver client value. You will be accountable to help identify, evaluate and route opportunities to the appropriate solutioning team for value delivery, and will be accountable for general portfolio of work oversight and reporting in support of the business.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Partner with ART Optum Health Team of Teams to define and lead the ART strategy and stakeholder engagement for the Optum Health ART portfolio
- Coordinate cross-functionally to bring together the right competencies, capabilities, and partnerships to address our business partners’ biggest challenges, then leverage solutions across the enterprise
- Collaborate with OGA Global Success Partner to expand ART/SCS and Optum Global opportunities
- Coordinate across portfolios to identify and drive horizontal opportunities across UHC and Optum
- Support consistency to Integrated Business Plans & status updates across business segments
- Identify appropriate stakeholders and decision-makers within the client organization
- Research, understand and anticipate the client's current and future business needs, challenges and strategies (e.g., leveraging LOB knowledge and experience)
- Reveal value potential for our business partners by formalizing an opportunity identification methodology that successfully locates and sizes areas of end-to-end transformation potential, with opportunity assessments calibrated jointly with our businesses
- Cultivate the client's perception of ART as a trusted partner and strategic advisor (e.g., build credibility, demonstrate full understanding of their business)
- Realize ‘New Business Savings’ through the delivery of ART based initiatives. Benefits include (MedEx, SG&A, Cost Avoidance, Revenue / IOI)
- Collaborate with ART teams to expand ART participation in LOB strategic transformation initiatives focused on Growth, Cost Optimization and Constituent Experience
- Demonstrate knowledge of ART’s products, services and competencies, and how they can be leveraged to meet the client's needs
- Assist with resource and capital forecasting
- Function well in a matrixed environment
- Effectively manage situations that are complex and ambiguous
- Keep a results-based focused skill set with solid impact and influencing skills
- Enhance employee experience by cultivating a good team environment of continuous development and use of skillsets
- Demonstrate an intellectually agile and analytical approach and thought process
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree
- Bachelor's degree in a related field
- Lean or Six Sigma Certifications
- 10+ years of Combined Experience in any or all of the following - Operations Consulting/ Management Consulting / Account Management / Growth/Change Management
- Experience in the areas of Automation, Business Process Re-engineering, and modern technologies such as AI and ML
- Experience working with finance and operations teams
- Experience applying multiple transformation levers for a given problem - people, process, operating model, automation, analytics, advanced capabilities, and technology
- Experience in defining and refining problem statements, orchestrate solution design, and delivery
- Solid executive presence and experience presenting assessment outcomes and recommendations to senior leadership, C suite, etc.
- Demonstrated ability defining business case / cost benefit analysis
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Experience in clinical and healthcare provider space
- Demonstrated global and Enterprise mindset
- Demonstrated ability to connect the dots, navigate ambiguity to keeping teams focused on committed outcomes
- Proven ability to function well in a matrixed environment and create a solid team of teams environment
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $113,500 to $218,100. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $113,500 to $218,100. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.