Associate Director, IFP Policy and Coverage - Telecommute (107879872)
UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
If you want to be a part of new growth within UnitedHealthcare (UHC) then this is the perfect opportunity for you. As part of our Individual & Family Plan (IFP) business, we are expanding our product portfolio to serve a diverse set of members and meet the needs our state and federal partners. This new opportunity and role will be a key part of our Product Management and Regulatory Alignment team, supporting the newly-formed Policy & Coverage Management pillar. The Associate Director, IFP Policy & Coverage will directly support the business oversight of our policy forms filed with state regulators. Interested applicants should be interested in new growth opportunities, have excellent attention to detail and be able to collaborate across the organization.
This position will have multiple responsibilities to support the successful, accurate, and timely filing of our policies, including tight alignment with state Benchmark plans, competitor filings, and market-specific business strategies. This position will serve a key role managing our benefit and coverage source of truth information and supporting the build and management of competitor coverage and state Benchmarks. This role will also have responsibility for supporting the Product team’s regulatory requirement tracking and supporting coordination across the Product team to ensure all Product-related requirements are successfully executed.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within United States as you take on some tough challenges.
- Serve as a key contributor on the IFP Product Management and Regulatory Alignment team directly supporting the Policy & Coverage Management pillar
- Support the IFP Product organization’s leader for the annual filing of Certificates of Coverage (COCs) across all elements of product
- Support Policy & Coverage Management’s engagement with Regulatory, Legal, Clinical, Pharmacy and other business partners ensuring national generic COC is updated annually to reflect changes in business strategy and regulatory environments
- Maintain Product team’s Medical Coverage Repository (source of truth) documentation of all filed coverage, benefits, limits and exclusions
- Build and maintain a database of Benchmark coverage and limits and competitor coverage strategies
- Lead coordination within the Product team for regulatory requirement tracking across the Product team to ensure all Product-related requirements are successfully executed
- Identify opportunities to improve processes and build best practices for efficient and effective translation of product strategy into product filings
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of relevant healthcare experience in product or program management role
- 3+ years of relevant experience in product strategy, product development and / or implementation
- Experience with health insurance coverage and policy
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Master’s degree in business
- Individual Market, Medicaid, or Commercial insurance experience, including direct experience managing state and federal product filings
- Analytical skills and ability to review data and make fact-based decisions and/or recommendations
- Able to balance strategic thinking with the urgency to drive work forward
- Adapt quickly to changes in work direction and able to pivot work accordingly
- Develop creative solutions to complex problems
- Team player with strong ability to form working professional relationships
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 5 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $97,300 to $176,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $97,300 to $176,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.