Director, Loyalty Analytics - MA Product and Experience - Telecommute (112187482)
UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
We are looking for an experienced analytics leader to help head our team’s strategic analytical efforts across the MA Product & Member Experience organization. This leader will be responsible for partnering with our team of data scientists and analysts to help us (and the organization) better understand satisfaction and loyalty. They will drive our analytics strategy as well as its execution – planning, prioritizing, producing, and presenting actionable insights that fuel (and enable our ability to measure) improvement efforts.
You will need to bring passion for leading (directly and indirectly) a team that identifies, analyzes, predicts, and communicates consumer insights and helps drive innovative solutions to act upon them. Most importantly this Leader will need to excel at telling this story and influencing leadership to adopt new ideas, products, and/or approaches to drive value.
This highly visible role is an exciting opportunity to work on solving complex loyalty data and consumer engagement challenges with creative solutions and cutting-edge data science techniques.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Partner with Loyalty team leadership to establish analytical priorities and form strategy for reporting, measurement, modeling, analysis, and related communication
- Defines short- and long-term roadmaps for analytic tools and quality programs that ensures performance improvement and program compliance
- Defining analytical solutions that meet or exceed quality goals in partnership with UnitedHealthcare Networks, IT, Shared Services, UnitedHealthcare Clinical Services, and Optum
- Create strategic insights through statistical modeling and pulling various data sources -statistical modeling incl. exploratory, explanatory and predictive
- Manage the process of delivering analytics and insights tied to UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual and identify project needs and opportunities
- Direct the work (through partnership) of our team of data analysts, scientists and engineers located in multiple geographical locations and time zones
- Meeting regularly to scope, conduct, and sharpen work being completed
- Manage to our priority list and ensure timeliness, quality, value
- Perform role as a conduit into our offshore partners in India and Puerto Rico from the US, managing the process to drive more effective and efficient data science initiatives between our US based and non-US based data science teams.
- Drive effective collaboration between onshore and offshore teams that are responsible for analytics priorities
- Partner with data and software engineers to build and manage reliable data sets, reporting, a dashboard to monitor and analyze critical matrices
- Provide individual support in rigorous statistical modeling, fast programming, analysis, and reporting
- Manage the performance, maintenance, and the enhancement roadmap for the Member Loyalty model portfolio
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including Product, Marketing, internal and external data providers, and more to improve performance of existing programs and identify new opportunities for embedding data analytics/science into processes
- Front end requirements gathering, answering statistical modeling questions, reporting, and providing visualizations and presentations to clients in Product & Member Experience
- Be a thought leader to our key partners and influence decision-making/strategy through the storytelling of recommendations, analysis, and experiment results
- Contributes to our strategy, use, and management of our BI tools
- Build solid relationships with key partners across the business and broader analytics community
- Exemplify Our United Culture and lead the Analytics team with intense curiosity, positive intent, innovation and proactivity
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a quantitative field such as Math, Finance, Economics, Statistics, Data Science, Computer Science, or related technical field
- 5+ years of experience with Python, R, SAS, or SQL
- 5+ years of experience conducting statistical analysis and modeling including manipulating data across multiple platforms, extracting insights, and presenting solutions (NOT just application testing, ETL or BI development)
- 3+ years leadership experience (direct or indirect reporting relationships) with proven ability to deliver actionable insights
- Masters’ degree in data science, statistics, econometrics or a related field
- Experience working with Oracle and DB2
- Experience working with statistics to perform analysis, data modeling, and predictive behavioral modeling
- Direct Medicare, UnitedHealthcare, or other related healthcare experience
- Familiarity with the Net Promoter System (NPS)
- Working in a Big Data environment (Hadoop, Hive)
- Business Intelligence tool implementation and management such as Tableau, Power BI, or Domo
- Comfort working with a Global workforce and fostering connections remotely
- Demonstrated ability to interact with and influence all levels of an organization, regardless of direct authority. Success working closely with executive leadership
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills with the ability to translate complex data and analytic concepts into simple ideas and concepts for communication to executive leadership.
- Exhibits a high degree of ingenuity, creativity and resourcefulness and works well with ambiguity
- Excellent relationship building skills (communication, negotiation, influencing, listening) with the ability to form meaningful partnerships with teammates and stakeholders
- Solid ability to collaborate and integrate multiple perspectives, yet willing and able to be decisive in service of a strategic vision
- Proven problem solving, planning and decision-making skills. Accurately scopes out projects, sets objectives and goals, develops schedules and resource assignments, measures performance against goals, and evaluates results
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Medicare & Retirement. The Boomer generation is the fastest growing market segment in health care. And we are the largest business in the nation dedicated to serving their unique health and well-being needs. Up for the challenge of a lifetime? Join a team of the best and the brightest to find bold new ways to proactively improve the health and quality of life of these 9 million customers. You'll find a wealth of dynamic opportunities to grow and develop as we work together to heal and strengthen our health care system. Ready? It's time to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $113,500 to $218,100. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $113,500 to $218,100. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.