Direct/Field Sales Representative (2105538)
Direct/Field Sales Representative - ( 2105538 )
We are the world’s learning company with more than 24,000 employees operating in 70 countries. We combine world-class educational content and assessment, powered by services and technology, to enable more effective teaching and personalized learning at scale. We believe that wherever learning flourishes so do people.
We value diversity, equity and inclusion. We value the power of an inclusive culture and a strong sense of belonging. We seek to infuse diversity and inclusion in everything we do while promoting a culture where differences are embraced as strengths; opportunities are equal and accessible; consideration and respect are the norm; and all team members are supported in reaching their full potential.
Through our talent, we believe that diversity and inclusion make us a more innovative and vibrant place to work. People are at the center, and we are committed to a sustainable environment and workplace where talent can learn, grow, and thrive.
To learn more about Pearson’s commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce please click here The Power of Difference at https://www.pearson.com/careers/diversity-and-inclusion.html
As a Pearson Courseware Sales Representative, you are on the front lines of driving and supporting teaching and learning innovation, and helping institutions meet the necessary educational outcomes of access, achievement and affordability to increase student success. You are responsible for selling effective and innovative digital, print and service solutions that address the issues and challenges facing students, faculty and institutions today. To be successful in this role, you must possess a need for achievement, have demonstrated success in meeting or exceeding goals, be comfortable with digital media, and have a passion for education.
Key accountabilities include: Achieving or exceeding territory sales targets by selling course-based solutions to faculty to gain market share, accelerating the shift to subscription-based materials to help address affordability and access issues for students, collaborating with various specialists and account executives to implement effective program-wide or institution-wide solutions, conducting effective back-to-school campaigns that drive student purchase, and working with bookstores to drive sell-through. Key accountability is also tracking and forecasting in OneCRM (salesforce.com).
This is a remote/home-based position with approximately 65% travel including to local college campuses to national meetings. Relocation package not available for this position.
Using both campus visits and virtual campus days, consistently call on 15 faculty per day employing effective consultative sales techniques (including pre-call planning, productive questioning strategies, effective matching and closing) that lead to winning the business.
Demonstrate superb organizational and follow up abilities.
Maintain accurate and timely tracking and forecasting in OneCRM (salesforce.com).
Work in concert with the assigned enterprise account level sales people to accelerate the move of courses into Inclusive Access and sell additional services.
Strategically plan at both the territory and adoption level.
Deliver effective technology sales presentations to faculty and technology training presentations to students.
Work in concert with Customer Success organization to ensure effective and efficient support for key customers.
Implement company initiatives in your sales territory.
Maintain up-to-date knowledge of Pearson products, platforms and capabilities.
Stay abreast of issues impacting the educational industry and factors influencing the market environment.
Demonstrate collaboration by sharing successful tactics across the district, region and nationally. Take on assignments with cross-functional task forces as appropriate.#LI-POST
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
● A Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and successful work experience.
● A minimum of 2 years of exceptional sales performance in the higher education market or related industry.
● Demonstrated proficiency with Office tools, mobile technologies, computer applications and business systems.
● Achievement-driven – determination/drive/desire to achieve results
● Competitive fire
● Optimism and high energy
● Initiative-taking; self-directed
● Sense of urgency – consistent track record for excelling in a fast-paced business environment
● Enthusiasm for the process of needs investigation, problem solving and meeting customer educational needs
● Has an inherent ability to build trusting relationships with customers and colleagues and then to maintain those relationships through professional empathy and 13 core trust behaviors
● Strong written, oral and presentational communication skills
● Analytical skills – ability to prioritize based on data and to manage tracking to goal
● High emotional intelligence and self-awareness
● Change agility – able to adapt quickly and lead others through change
● Learning agility – aptitude for learning new technologies and skills.
● Highly organized with ability; great “multi-tasker”
● Resilience and the ability to overcome challenges
● Passion for education
● Teaching background
Primary Location : US-California
Job : Sales
Organization : North America
Employee Status : Regular Employee
Job Type : Standard
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Shift : Day Job
Travel : Yes, 25 % of the Time
Job Posting : Apr 15, 2021
Job Unposting : Ongoing
Schedule: : Full-time Regular
Req ID: 2105538