Direct/Field Sales Representative (2113110)
We are the world’s learning company with more than 21,000 employees operating in 70 countries. We combine world-class educational content and assessment,powered by services and technology, to enable more effective teaching and personalized learning at scale. We believe that wherever learning flourishes so do people.
We currently have an educational sales opportunity in the greater Albany, NY area within our Higher Education division.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
We value diversity, equity and inclusion. We value the power of an inclusive culture and a strong sense of belonging. We seek to infuse diversity and inclusion in everything we do while promoting a culture where differences are embraced as strengths; opportunities are equal and accessible; consideration and respect are the norm; and all team members are supported in reaching their full potential.
Through our talent, we believe that diversity and inclusion make us a more innovative and vibrant place to work. People are at the center, and we are committed to a sustainable environment and workplace where talent can learn, grow, and thrive.
To learn more about Pearson’s commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce please click here The Power of Difference at https://plc.pearson.com/en-US/careers/diversity-equity-inclusion
As a Pearson Sales Representative you are customer facing in assisting and supporting the transformation of learning. You are also responsible for creating effective and innovative sales solutions that address issues and challenges facing institutions, instructors and students today to meet necessary educational outcomes. If you possess a need for achievement, a desire or demonstrated success in meeting and succeeding goals, an interest in digital media and applications and a passion for education, you may find this be a great fit.
Your responsibilities would consist of:
- Employ effective consultative techniques including pre-call planning and productive questioning strategies that lead to winning business.
- Demonstrate superb organizational and follow-up abilities; maintain product knowledge around Pearson technologies, the educational industry, and factors influencing the market environment.
- Deliver technology presentations to faculty.
- Demonstrate collaboration through sharing of successful strategies and working with cross functional teams.
- Implement company initiatives into sales territory.
- Build strong relationships with faculty members and college bookstore personnel.
We are looking for talented salespeople to engage our customers and help us to continue to grow the business.
As Pearson Education Sales Representative, you would receive a highly attractive base salary and uncapped bonus potential, a car allowance, all travel expenses and an excellent benefits package. In addition you would take part in an extensive training program and ongoing professional development. Your promotional opportunities would include a variety pf positions and levels within sales management, marketing, editorial, digital solutions as well as many other areas.
You should be able to demonstrate:
· High Achievement and consistent track record for excelling in a fast-paced college and/or work environment.
· Sales experience or aptitude via enthusiasm for the process of investigating, creating and fulfilling customers’ needs.
· Excellent presentation skills.
· Experience with Learning Technologies or curiosity about the development of traditional and technology based intellectual property.
· Technological proficiency and strong working knowledge of the internet, mobile technologies, and computer applications and business systems.
· Exceptional verbal and written communication.
· A 4-year college degree demonstrating academic excellence.
If you would like to help the world learn, we want to meet you.
Please feel free to visit us at:
www.pearson.com | www.pearsoned.com | www.pearsonhighered.com
Learning is the most powerful force for change in the world. More than 20,000 Pearson employees deliver our products and services in nearly 200 countries, all working towards a common purpose – to help everyone achieve their potential through learning. We do that by providing high quality, digital content and learning experiences, as well as assessments and qualifications that help people build their skills and grow with the world around them. We are the world’s leading learning company. Learn more at pearsonplc.com.
Pearson believes that wherever learning flourishes, so do people. We are committed to being an anti-racist company in everything we do. We value the power of an inclusive culture and a strong sense of belonging. We promote a culture where differences are embraced, opportunities are accessible, consideration and respect are the norm, and all individuals are supported in reaching their full potential. Through our talent, we believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion make us a more innovative and vibrant place to work. People are at the center, and we are committed to a sustainable environment and workplace where talent can learn, grow, and thrive.
To learn more about Pearson’s commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce, please click here:
Pearson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and a member of E-Verify. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other group protected by law.
Organization: North America
Req ID: 2113110