Direct/Field Sales Representative (476)
At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always re-examining the way people learn best, whether it’s one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology — and each other to surpass these boundaries — we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world’s innovations, personal and global, large and small.
We have an Educational Sales Consultant position open for the Central/Northern Indiana area. Come join a team that celebrates individuality and collaboration!
Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
We value diversity, equity and inclusion. We value the power of an inclusive culture and a strong sense of belonging. We seek to infuse diversity and inclusion in everything we do while promoting a culture where differences are embraced as strengths; opportunities are equal and accessible; consideration and respect are the norm; and all team members are supported in reaching their full potential.
Through our talent, we believe that diversity and inclusion make us a more innovative and vibrant place to work. People are at the center, and we are committed to a sustainable environment and workplace where talent can learn, grow, and thrive.
To learn more about Pearson’s commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce please click here The Power of Difference at https://plc.pearson.com/en-US/careers/diversity-equity-inclusion
As a Pearson Courseware Sales Representative, you are on the front lines of driving and supporting teaching and learning innovation, and helping 2/4 year college institutions meet the necessary educational outcomes of access, achievement and affordability to increase student success. You are responsible for selling effective and innovative digital, print and service solutions that address the issues and challenges facing students, faculty and institutions today. To be successful in this role, you must possess a need for achievement, have demonstrated success in meeting or exceeding goals, be comfortable with digital media, and have a passion for education.
Key accountabilities include:
Achieving or exceeding territory sales targets by selling course-based solutions to faculty to gain market share, accelerating the shift to subscription-based materials to help address affordability and access issues for students, collaborating with various specialists and account executives to implement effective program-wide or institution-wide solutions, conducting effective back-to-school campaigns that drive student purchase, and working with bookstores to drive sell-through. Key accountability is also tracking and forecasting in OneCRM (salesforce.com).
This is a remote/home-based position with approximately 65% travel including to local college campuses to national meetings. Relocation package not available for this position.
- Using both campus visits and virtual campus days, consistently call on 15+ faculty per day employing effective consultative sales techniques (including pre-call planning, productive questioning strategies, effective matching and closing) that lead to winning the business.
- Demonstrate superb organizational and follow up abilities.
- Maintain accurate and timely tracking and forecasting in OneCRM (salesforce.com).
- Work in concert with the assigned enterprise account level salespeople to accelerate the move of courses into Inclusive Access and sell additional services.
- Strategically plan at both the territory and adoption level.
- Deliver effective technology sales presentations to faculty and technology training presentations to students.
- Work in concert with Customer Success organization to ensure effective and efficient support for key customers.
- Implement company initiatives in your sales territory.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of Pearson products, platforms and capabilities.
- Stay abreast of issues impacting the educational industry and factors influencing the market environment.
- Demonstrate collaboration by sharing successful tactics across the district, region and nationally. Take on assignments with cross-functional task forces as appropriate.
Meet or exceed subscription targets
Meet or exceed revenue target
As Pearson Education Sales Representative, you would receive a highly attractive base salary and uncapped bonus potential, a company car, all travel expenses and an excellent benefits package. In addition you would take part in an extensive training program and ongoing professional development. Your promotional opportunities would include a variety pf positions and levels within sales management, marketing, editorial, digital solutions as well as many other areas.
- A Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and successful work experience.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Office tools, mobile technologies, computer applications and business systems.
- Essential Attributes
- Determination and desire to achieve results
- Optimism and positive energy
- Initiative-taking; self-directed
- Consistent track record for excelling in a fast-paced business environment
- Enthusiasm for the process of needs investigation, problem solving and meeting customer educational needs
- Ability to build trusting relationships with customers and colleagues and then to maintain those relationships through professional empathy and 13 core trust behaviors
- Strong written, oral, and presentational communication skills
- Resilience and the ability to overcome challenges to achieve outcomes
- Highly organized with ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Collaboration skills - ability to interact and engage with others while working towards a common goal
- Analytical skills – ability to prioritize based on data and to manage tracking to goal
- Change agility – able to adapt quickly and lead others through change
- Learning agility – aptitude for learning new technologies and skills; coachable and open to constructive feedback and development
Desirable Qualifications and Experience
Mission driven focus
Organization: North America
Req ID: 476