Senior Manager of Marketing Quality Assurance
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
As a Marketing Quality Assurance Senior Manager for the Verizon Consumer Group’s Marketing Communications Team, you will be responsible for managing a team that ensures flawless execution of outbound base and acquisition communications that support acquisition, revenue and retention goals for Verizon. This position will support the development of marketing emails and functionality, ensuring deliverables are accurate, coded correctly, versioned appropriately, can work on multiple email clients and devices, and will render according to the design. In this role, you’ll partner with the development and campaign management team to systematically review and validate the copy, design, links, dynamic data and other elements that enable the communications we deliver to our customers.
- Performing end-to-end quality assurance tests on marketing communications and functionality with a keen eye for detail.
- Developing and implementing quality assurance standards and measures within the organization.
- Managing day-to-day capacity of team to ensure deadlines and deliverables are met.
- Ensuring the quality and accuracy of highly complex and technically advanced emails that incorporate responsive design, dynamic content, variable data, and advanced testing and interactive elements.
- Collaborating with developers, campaign managers, data and technology partners to review and validate campaign details and identify quality, deliverability, compatibility or usability issues, and retest.
- Identifying roadblocks and solutions before timelines and launch dates are impacted.
- Proactively suggesting process improvements and stay on top of industry best practices, including training team on new processes and capabilities.
Where you will be working…
In this hybrid role, you’ll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience with email testing software such as Email on Acid, Litmus, etc.
- Experience and knowledge of quality assurance procedures.
- Willingness to travel up to approximately 25% of the time.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- A degree in Marketing, Computer Science, Information Design, Management Information Systems, or a IT or technology field.
- Experience managing a team.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in email marketing or development.
- ISTQB certification.
- Knowledge of commercial email deployment platforms.
- Knowledge in developing Automation scripts using Java or any other Programming languages.
- AEM (Adobe Experience Manager) experience.
- Experience with Jenkins.
- Knowledge of Mobile Email Clients, Desktop Email Clients, Tablet Email Clients, web technologies, and relational databases.
- Experience creating automated functional test cases.
- Flexible, resourceful, self-directed and deadline driven with strong planning, prioritization and organizational skills.
- Strong analytical and research skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Strong attention to detail.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every “even better” qualification listed above.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.